CAYOM 3.0 Year 2 Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, cookie said:

The little in-universe scandal where the president of the studio got fired and all was me indirectly apologizing for the plagiarism. Truth be told it was me being extremely lazy, no ill meant. In hindsight I probably just should've made a Maniac Cop remake directly since it's old and (I discovered later) has a following.

I can't speak for Hiccup but Academy being a direct ripoff (of a TV show I haven't seen so I won't bring it up when I review it myself) is surprising.

At first it was only similar and I really dug it but then I realized more and more elements were directly copied, and as it went along entire scenes were copied until finally the mystery ended the same convoluted way. Was pretty disappointing tbh.

Just now, The Shape of Pasta said:

I’m so, SO sorry.

i need to change a SINGLE word in The Simulation to something that was a mixup of names - if it’s too late I understand, but it was definitely unintentional.

see Xillix’s review thread for what I mean.

I was the one who fucked up with the first Voltron so I won't stop you.:kitschjob:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another fun fact about The Simulation. I’ve done this film three different times. Once in BOM Cayom (I was 14 when I wrote the original incarnation - and I originally intended it to be a Truman Show esque Comedy.)

@4815162342 has reviewed every interpretation of it - I hope he likes it.

• Astonished 1

Just now, The Shape of Pasta said:

Another fun fact about The Simulation. I’ve done this film three different times. Once in BOM Cayom (I was 14 when I wrote the original incarnation - and I originally intended it to be a Truman Show esque Comedy.)

@4815162342 has reviewed every interpretation of it - I hope he likes it.

And I was the one who made it bomb and now I'll be deciding its fate again!

1 minute ago, cookie said:

And I was the one who made it bomb and now I'll be deciding its fate again!

TBH, I think this is the most audience friendly version of the story yet. I’m hoping it can at least match its $125m budget - it’s really big with regards for production design and visual effects.

3 minutes ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

TBH, I think this is the most audience friendly version of the story yet. I’m hoping it can at least match its $125m budget - it’s really big with regards for production design and visual effects.

Are you saying you're not afraid?

19 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

not gonna say what yet but I just read a movie that I LOVVVED

Bounty Hamster or El Dorado. I know you gave Hunchback an A-.

Edit: oooh Ethan liked my post. It's one of the two.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Voltron is progressing solidly but I'm honestly not sure if I want to keep Shane Black on as the director. It doesn't make much use of his strengths as I'd hoped. Maybe get Fede Âlvarez on board instead since I already tagged him for the third one?

Edited by cookie

Putting the finishing touches on Spyro: Dragonheart. Decided to adapt the rebooted arc instead of the original. Should be done tomorrow along with the Pigeon short attached to it.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord