CAYOM 3.0 Year 2 Discussion Thread

Just now, Xillix said:

I mean that's the same issue isn't it though? 3D ticket prices are higher. Though granted considering how low 3D shares usually are it's probably not as big a deal. I guess I'm okay with it, as long as no one else objects?

I am fine with it. 

Out of curiosity, you guys ended up agreeing modifying the format of this year? How is it now? Half a year first, half a year later? So basically all reviews will be posted for the first half, then we wait for actuals, then we move onto the second half?

1 hour ago, ChD said:

Out of curiosity, you guys ended up agreeing modifying the format of this year? How is it now? Half a year first, half a year later? So basically all reviews will be posted for the first half, then we wait for actuals, then we move onto the second half?

No, we just agreed to give people a handful more days to finish second half films.

8 hours ago, Xillix said:

I mean that's the same issue isn't it though? 3D ticket prices are higher. Though granted considering how low 3D shares usually are it's probably not as big a deal. I guess I'm okay with it, as long as no one else objects?

Eh, I don’t think it’ll make a huge difference all told. 3D doesn’t have the same impact it did in 2011.

I’m fine with whatever is decided, though. My fault for being late. :) 

3 hours ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

Eh, I don’t think it’ll make a huge difference all told. 3D doesn’t have the same impact it did in 2011.

I’m fine with whatever is decided, though. My fault for being late. :) 

Well no one seems to care so we can go ahead and do it this one time :P 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cookie said:

Gonna go crunch time so I can have Voltron finished tonight/early morning.

So its an adaptation of Season 3 right? Cuz luckily for you, I haven't gotten to that season yet so I won't be nearly as harsh on it when I read it. :P

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

So its an adaptation of Season 3 right? Cuz luckily for you, I haven't gotten to that season yet so I won't be nearly as harsh on it when I read it. :P

Also a bit of season 4 and a subplot from season 1 that never made it into the first film.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Gotcha. Should be interesting to see what direction you decide to take the franchise.

Part of it is because the show is only up to season 4 so I'm running blind after the plans I have for Voltron 3 (I'm currently staking out a pentalogy) and part of it is because I want it to be more of a general audience blockbuster franchise that goes places a kid-targeting show on Netflix probably wouldn't.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cookie said:

Part of it is because the show is only up to season 4 so I'm running blind after the plans I have for Voltron 3 (I'm currently staking out a pentalogy) and part of it is because I want it to be more of a general audience blockbuster franchise that goes places a kid-targeting show on Netflix probably wouldn't.

All the more reason to get excited.

I might reread the first film before I get to the second one just to see how it compared to the Netflix show, now having seen the actual thing.

Also can we talk about the plagiarism stuff for a minute? Because technically speaking StacieBad Cop and Academy all broke the game's rules by being remakes of existing properties without claiming any franchise rights. Personally I find it super annoying.

14 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Also can we talk about the plagiarism stuff for a minute? Because technically speaking StacieBad Cop and Academy all broke the game's rules by being remakes of existing properties without claiming any franchise rights. Personally I find it super annoying.

I mean, I could only tell when I saw Stacie because I had seen the Netflix film Hush prior to it. The other two I'm not too familiar with so I can't really say anything there. But yeah, plagiarism isn't the way to go. 

1 hour ago, Xillix said:

The little in-universe scandal where the president of the studio got fired and all was me indirectly apologizing for the plagiarism. Truth be told it was me being extremely lazy, no ill meant. In hindsight I probably just should've made a Maniac Cop remake directly since it's old and (I discovered later) has a following.

I can't speak for Hiccup but Academy being a direct ripoff (of a TV show I haven't seen so I won't bring it up when I review it myself) is surprising.

• Like 4