CAYOM 3.0 Year 2 Discussion Thread

Also, there’s a lot of films I wrote in 2.0 that feel outdated - Stranger Things probably would lessen the impact of Extrasensory, and BoJack Horseman the impact of The Rich and Famous.

ill definitely find a way to add in Le Grand Ecran. It was a joyous little movie.

48 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

I'm gonna drop The Chrysalids in Y3. Nervous, because films that are critical of organized religion seem in CAYOM 3.0 to get a ton ton ton of hate. I think the film does a good balance but I'll definitely be in the editing room with it. 

I think there's a difference between being critical of organized religion and slamming the belief itself which is what I think is the problem here (I haven't gotten to those movies so I can't make a complete judgement). The former can resonate with most if done well, the latter can only appeal to those who have a grind against the belief to begin with.

Plus my Road to El Dorado remake is getting fairly positive reviews and that does make a critique on blind faith.

Edited by cookie

Proofreading is important, people. Sample from The Island:

"Dr. Watson says that Philip has nothing to worry about. Dr. Watson warns that if the government finds that Philip and the guards are been abusive to the patients they could all go to jail."

Well should he be worried or not, doctor!?

8 minutes ago, Xillix said:

"Dr. Watson says that Philip has nothing to worry about. Dr. Watson warns that if the government finds that Philip and the guards are been abusive to the patients they could all go to jail."

Fuck me, I did my final edit when I was tipsy off wine. Never again.

This what it was meant to say, "Dr. Watson says that Philip has nothing to worry about. Philip warns that if the government finds that everybody and the guards are been abusive to the patients they could all go to jail."

Edited by Hiccup23

10 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Next he'll be telling you he can't orgasm twice in one night after already orgasming twice.:sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

One of November's films is the first flick I'm giving more than four stars this year...

I know it’s not me. :( 

When is the write up?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

With the reviews for CD, comped to something like Seeing Her, I think I’m generally better at working with films with smaller casts and a more clear, streamlined plot.

Seeing Her felt more cleanly focused on one story, as did Spark: Rising - CLOSED DOMAIN was maybe one of the most difficult films I’ve written in CAYOM, while something like Parvelli or Bounty Hamster came a lot more naturally.