CAYOM 3.0 Year 2 Discussion Thread

I’m straight up terrified for the CLOSED DOMAIN review. It’s a very eccentric plot and my first attempt at a politically themed film. Bracing for a train wreck.

that, and it’s my only shot at an OC besides parvelli, which may be too weird and off kilter for a lot of people.

1 minute ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

that, and it’s my only shot at an OC besides parvelli, which may be too weird and off kilter for a lot of people.

I mean I think something like that stands a much better chance here than with a real world academy 

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean I think something like that stands a much better chance here than with a real world academy 

Hopefully - I tried to capture the Lanthimos style without delving too much into weirdness for weirdness sake not melodrama.

Crash Bandicoot is getting decent-ish reviews. I don’t get the animation complaints though. Imageworks has done great animation with budgets under $80M like Storks and Angry Birds and I wanted a cartoony vibe.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Crash Bandicoot is getting decent-ish reviews. I don’t get the animation complaints though. Imageworks has done great animation with budgets under $80M like Storks and Angry Birds and I wanted a cartoony vibe.

I wouldn't stress about it. It should do fine at the box office :) 

• Like 1

Just now, The Shape of Pasta said:

I’m kind of shocked TO THE MOON isnt getting great reviews from the new players. It was one of my favorite films from 2.0.

Yeah, that is pretty shocking. I haven't read it myself but I have a hard time imagining that it's not great.

• Like 2

Just now, The Shape of Pasta said:

I’m kind of shocked TO THE MOON isnt getting great reviews from the new players. It was one of my favorite films from 2.0.

Agreed. It is interesting how once considered "safe" films are no long safe. Makes me nervous for Little Demons and My Life to Waste, which both got Oscar attention in the old CAYOM. 

2 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Agreed. It is interesting how once considered "safe" films are no long safe. Makes me nervous for Little Demons and My Life to Waste, which both got Oscar attention in the old CAYOM. 

I seem to remember My Life to Waste getting slammed pretty hard by at least one player in 1.0 though.

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

I seem to remember My Life to Waste getting slammed pretty hard by at least one player in 1.0 though.

Oh yeah. I mean all the CAYOM 1.0 films I have dropped have been updated and changed. Some more than others. Little Demons is virtually identical. My Life to Waste has some story changes. The Island only has about 20% of the original film's plot. @4815162342 I also dropped the Lord of the Rings quote from The Island.....oh why did I ever think that was a good idea to put in the film? lol

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

There are some original CAYOM films I'll never rerelease for that reason. 

I'm gonna drop The Chrysalids in Y3. Nervous, because films that are critical of organized religion seem in CAYOM 3.0 to get a ton ton ton of hate. I think the film does a good balance but I'll definitely be in the editing room with it. 

9 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

There are some original CAYOM films I'll never rerelease for that reason. 

I was never going to release Cyber in its original form - It was the basis for CD, but they have so little in common.

i know you were the only person not hot on it in 2.0, but lord that last 30 minutes was terrible.