Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

They've shown in the past that they'll nominate notable child performances. The SAG snub will hurt, but it's not a terribly competitive category this year. I think the film's passionate fans will get her in. We shall see...

I think that it seemed like a weak ass year a few months ago but now I'd probably say it's stronger than something like 2009.

And she was nominated! The Academy will go for the great child performance. I know True Grit was a nomination powerhouse but Beasts has its fans. I'm not even thinking about a win for Wallis, just a nomination.

This isn't BP guys with the 5% rule, which really is only 1% of #1 votes. I don't think that Wallis will get to the number needs for a nomination.

I just realized we have another two months to debate this :lol:

:lol: it's gonna be a very interesting 2 months. If Wallis gets GG, I'll predict her. Still holding out for Streep, I think SAG for her is a lock, and I think that her built in worshippers faction in the academy will pull her through to nomination #18 as a prelude to Oscar #4 next year for August: Osage County. :P
  • Like 1

Still holding out for Streep, I think SAG for her is a lock, and I think that her built in worshippers faction in the academy will pull her through to nomination #18 as a prelude to Oscar #4 next year for August: Osage County. :P

Anything is possible with her!

Posted Image

he is serious. Her buzz is OK but nothing spectacular. She isn`t getting the best reviews of her career that`s for sure and eveyrone pretty much says that costumes steal the movie. if she gets in, it`ll be ebcause the year is weak in this field.

BTW, David Edelstein is my new hero. he nailed Kk`s shorcomings to a T:

http://nymag.com/movies/reviews/edelstein-anna-karenina-2012-11/

Knightley works very hard to portray Anna as a woman who has never felt romantic love and once she does flaunts it openly, naïvely thinking there will be no repercussions. But she’s almost neurotically overeager, champing at the bit to do a Lucia di Lammermoor madwoman turn, never establishing a plane of normalcy. Knightley might be the most effortful leading actress in movies. When her Anna becomes possessive of Vronsky, she squints her eyes and works her big jaw, her fanged upper teeth threatening to swallow the camera. This very lovely young woman becomes hard to look at—there’s nothing to discover in her face because she’s too much in ours.

She`s trying way too hard. That`s never a good thing.

:rofl: That's a mean review! Right now she is 3rd on Gold Deby odds, (I dont count girl from Beasts). The :drool: reviews about her came about in Toronto and not much has changed since then.

Keira Knightley as Anna is supremely brilliant.

Full Review Posted Image | Comment | Original Score: 3/5

Keira Knightley when lit like this, is a screen goddess.

Knightley, resplendent in exaggerated furs and art-directed lace veils, has never looked more like an honest-to-goodness movie star.

The film may be D.O.A. but her Oscar campaign is definitely isnt.

:rofl: That's a mean review! Right now she is 3rd on Gold Deby odds, (I dont count girl from Beasts). The :drool: reviews about her came about in Toronto and not much has changed since then.

Keira Knightley as Anna is supremely brilliant.

Keira Knightley when lit like this, is a screen goddess.

Knightley, resplendent in exaggerated furs and art-directed lace veils, has never looked more like an honest-to-goodness movie star.

The film may be D.O.A. but her Oscar campaign is definitely isnt.

She may look like a movie star but she is anything but. She bombed too many movies. he ronly success are Johnny Depp vehicle, Star Wars and a soccer flick that naturally did well in UK because of beckham name.

She may look like a movie star but she is anything but. She bombed too many movies. he ronly success are Johnny Depp vehicle, Star Wars and a soccer flick that naturally did well in UK because of beckham name.

:) Karenina is looking bombworthy too.

I hear it wasn't too bad. Predictions are right now:1. Riva2. Lawrence3. Mirren4. Knightley5. ChastainI'm taking Streep out because Sony's not sending out screeners for Hope Springs. So if Streep ends up making the list it'll only be a testament to how big her built-in Academy fanbase is.

Because it looks like something that tries too hard to be baity and edgy at the same time. How cna you be edgy with the story about some stupid bitch who wrecks her marriage, get dumped by everyone including her boyfriend and than jumps under the train? You can`t. Even stage-like production can`t save this drivel from being an oldfashioned drivel nobody reads anymore.

Because it looks like something that tries too hard to be baity and edgy at the same time. How cna you be edgy with the story about some stupid bitch who wrecks her marriage, get dumped by everyone including her boyfriend and than jumps under the train? You can`t. Even stage-like production can`t save this drivel from being an oldfashioned drivel nobody reads anymore.

Even Wells' is slowly jumping off the ship.

I know what's going on with the great Anna Karenina. I'm not stupid. It has a69% Rotten Tomatoes rating -- two-thirds admiring but with guys like David Edelstein, for one, calling it "as boldly original a miscalculation as any you're likely to see." I can hear the distant shouts of an unhappy mob as we few, we stalwart few, clean our flintlocks and await the inevitable. But at least Hitfix'sDrew McWeeny is a thumbs-upper, and he states his case clearly.

But Kiera isn't going anywhere. :)