Impact

Best Supporting Actor-2012

I think Waltz and DiCaprio are by far the two best supporting performances of the year, but DeNiro was absolutely fantastic in SLP. He rocked it. Arkin and TLJ gave two of the more overrated performances of the year- outshine by Goodman and Spader in their own movies. Also loved SLJ and, in a performance way too many forgot about, Tom Hardy in Lawless.

Waltz was originally campaigned in the lead but critics started to nominated him in supporting, undoubtly thinking he would have missed a nomination in the Lead since it was really stacked up. So Harvey switched to supporting campaign thus creating a situation where 3 actors from one movie are splitting votes.Another thing that hurts Django boys is that DeNiro and PSH are from Harvey`s stable too. So it`s 5 Harvey actors vying for 5 spots and 2 of them are already taken by TLJ and Arkin. They are not moving. So it leaves 3 spots for Harvey men. PSH seems safe despite The Master losing support. 2 spots. DeNiro is almost safe. 1 spot. 3 DU actors, Bardem, Henry. Take your pick.

Edited by fishnets

After thinking about it, I really don't like this category. Everyone's a returning winner, Arkin doesn't deserve to be nominated, and I've heard the same with De Niro. TLJ doesn't deserve to win but it looks like that's most likely. The following would've been a much better field, featuring only one nominee:Javier Bardem, SkyfallLeonardo DiCaprio, Django UnchainedPhillip Seymour Hoffman, The MasterSamuel L. Jackson, Django UnchainedIrfan Khan, Life of PiAll of those are either better performances than Arkin and TLJ, or performances I've heard are phenomenal.

After seeing Argo I'd like to say WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND FUCKING DECENT DID ALAN ARKIN GET NOMINATED?!I mean, I guess he was kinda funny, but there was absolutely nothing in that performance that was worthy of a nomination.What a fucking joke

• Like 3

After seeing Argo I'd like to say WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND FUCKING DECENT DID ALAN ARKIN GET NOMINATED?!I mean, I guess he was kinda funny, but there was absolutely nothing in that performance that was worthy of a nomination.What a fucking joke

Yep. At least five other more deserving contenders were robbed.

Love argo hate the nomination. He took a spot that could of went to Leo or SLJ. James Spader in Lincoln gets no respect and he was great.