AABATTERY's Top 25 of 2017

eKUbjqZ.jpg

eKUbjqZ.jpg

Director ~ Luca Guadagnino

Trailer

IMDB

RT ~ 97%

BO ~ 4.7M+

Timotheé Chalegend, as dubbed by @MrPink. Dude kills it. He's my age and he's off winning Oscars and shit while I'm making this garbage list which really puts things into perspective. Anyway, this movie rules. It looks super good, all the acting is super good, everything is super good. An immensely satisfying emotional journey, it's some career defining stuff. I highly recommend it.

• Like 5

eKUbjqZ.jpg

eKUbjqZ.jpg

Director ~ Jordan Peele

Trailer

IMDB

RT ~ 99%

BO ~ 254.1M

Jordan Peele's directorial debut and he knocks it waaaay out of the park. It's so damn good. The script is dynamite; all the foreshadowing and the way it fits together is a sight to behold. The whole cast are aces. Not a single bad showing out of the bunch. I will watch Jordan Peele's career with great interest because if his next one is even half as good as Get Out, we'll be in for a treat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

eKUbjqZ.jpg

eKUbjqZ.jpg

Director ~ Steven Soderbergh

Trailer

IMDB

RT ~ 92%

BO ~ 46.7M

I love heist movies. Soderbergh’s Ocean's movies are all absolutely fantastic and Logan Lucky is on par with the best of them. The cast is crazy good. Tatum, Driver and Craig make for an extremely entertaining trio while the supporting cast give this movie bucket loads of heart. Top tier use of Country Road as well (much better than in Kingsman 2). I hope they make a sequel because I want to spend more time with these characters.

• Like 7
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I hope they make a sequel because I want to spend more time with these characters.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $27,780,977    58.8%
Foreign:  $19,505,145    41.2%

Worldwide:  $47,286,122  

:whosad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

eKUbjqZ.jpg

eKUbjqZ.jpg

Director ~ Rian Johnson

Trailer

IMDB

RT ~ 91%

BO ~ Absolutely nothing. Total flop.

It’s good as hell. A big, juicy blockbuster with some meat on it's bones. Everything worked for me in this addition to the Star Wars franchise. Loved what they did with all the characters. Plus it's got all the cool space stuff. Definitely my favourite of the Disney Star Wars movies so far. I've seen it three times and like it more and more every viewing. I'm very excited for Rian's mystery trilogy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1