La Binoche

A24's HEREDITARY

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

whether or not a movie is forgotten for awards really just depends on how willing a studio is to push it. most studios are gonna pick 2 or 3 horses to throw their energy behind awards wise every year so i guess it just depends on what A24 have coming up.

Related image

The funny thing is movies are able to make 600m these days thanks to ticket price inflation.

Consequently, It means those A24 movies & their ilk are actually seen by even less people than ever before.

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Using multis as a tool to convince yourself a movie is a hit with tepid numbers is a cool mindtrick.

But a mindtrick nonetheless.

It was made for $10 million, it's already on $44 million and counting having only been out for less than 2 weeks. I would say that's a success.

• Like 1

I have finally seen A Quiet Place.

John Krasinski & its producer Michael Bay are good people, they love & trust their audiences.

The Hereditary director masturbates for two hours to satisfy critics and cinephiles for very little cum.

Circle of Life.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I have finally seen A Quiet Place.

John Krasinski & its producer Michael Bay are good people, they love & trust their audiences.

The Hereditary director masturbates for two hours to satisfy critics and cinephiles for very little cum.

Circle of Life.

quoting just in case the post changes.

• Like 1

As an audience member I've never felt such trust as when A Quiet Place rolled out that giant fucking white billboard with the plot's million-dollar question written on it in the climax, just so even the dumbest 4-year-old would get it. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

As an audience member I've never felt such trust as when A Quiet Place rolled out that giant fucking white billboard with the plot's million-dollar question written on it. 

I was in the toilet and when I came back Emily Blunt was being hunted and giving birth. Did she step on the nail by any chance is that what got the aliens to find her?

Edited by Avatree

The best & most beautiful ideas are often the simplest.

Hereditary director wish he had the lightbulb moment of John Krasinski for A Quiet Place. 

And John Krasinski wish he had a seconde one just as good for his next film.

Edited by The Futurist

I actually liked a lot of things in Hereditary but the director s choices in A24 movies (the horror type ones) to alienate the Joes & Janes of the world are just way too obvious to be genuine and sincere.

They try so hard to be "different".

Hereditary misses to achieve true greatness because of that typical mindset.

The Witch had the exact same issue.

Those two movies are really twins in many mnay ways.

It Comes At Night was just hot trash.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Funnily enough, I almost posted the other day that the only A24 horror movie that  I liked lot was It Follows.

Which is not from A24.

Proof they have a Feige reading the scripts.

And a Formula.

Edited by The Futurist

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I actually liked a lot of things in Hereditary but the director s choices in A24 movies (the horror type ones) to alienate the Joes & Janes of the world are just way too obvious to be genuine and sincere.

They try so hard to be "different".

Hereditary misses to achieve true greatness because of that typical mindset.

The Witch had the exact same issue.

Those two movies are really twins in many mnay ways.

It Comes At Night was just hot trash.

Haven't seen Hereditary yet but The Witch is terrific and I don't see how it alienates anyone? Okay it's not full of jump scares so what?