SLAM!

The Miracle Season | LD Entertainment | April 6th, 2018 | starring Helen Hunt | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | dir. Sean McNamara (Soul Surfer & Spare Parts)

So BoxOfficeMojo hasn't added this to their release schedule yet. But this trailer really is being played in front of a variety of films, which included stuff like The Last Jedi. So that gives me the impression that it's going wide.

The Miracle Season is a true-story film about a high school volleyball team that is forced to cope with the death of their star player. It is releasing on April 6th alongside Paramount's A Quiet Place, Universal's Blockers, and Entertainment Studios' Chappaquiddick.

Edited by slambros

Tales from Earthsea, directed by Hayao Miyazaki's son, Goro Miyazaki, is largely considered to be the worst film of Studio Ghibli's body of work. Hayao famously walked out in the middle of the premiere to have a cigarette, explaining that it felt like he had been in there for three hours. But later on, Goro passed down a quote from his father that really sticks with me when I examine films such as The Miracle Season:

"It was honestly made, so it was good."

I feel like The Miracle Season, at least from the trailer, seems like a film that is honestly made. So if it's not the best film ever, that's fine. But I don't think it should be discredited just for being 'okay'.

I believe in this film and its ability to strike a chord with at least a few people if they ramp up their advertising around the time of release. I'm thinking it'll surpass $10 million at the box office.

next weekend - 

(-47%) - $2,100,000 - $1,242 avg - 7.24 Total

^^ gave it a harsher drop to compete with this block of movies...

2,500 (-394) - Imagine - $2,400 avg

2,000 (-733) - Sherlock - $1,300 avg

1,500 (est) - Sergeant Stubby $1,300 avg

1,707 (----) Miracle Season - $1,242 avg

1,100 (-601) - Wrinkle in Time - $1,500 avg

800 (-873) - Tomb Raider - $950 avg

812 (-450) - Paul/Apostle - $1,000 avg

627 (-400) - Peter Rabbit - $825 avg