grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

5 hours ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Loving that OW and Domestic Total! I see this has a decent chance of beating Multiverse of Madness in both categories.

The potential is there. It all depends on WOM.

June 10 in China. We'll see how theaters are holding up by then (currently around 70% of China's theaters are open nationwide; Shanghai's Covid cases are dropping so there's a strong possibility that Shanghai will get to see dinosaurs on the big screen this summer).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Under "normal" circumstances id say that it could gross 200M+ in China, but because of the current situation, something like 50M is probably more realistic.

100 million+ is still possible, especially as Covid cases fall more and more under control (Shanghai today announced that we'll start resuming normal life on June 1; will believe it when I see it, but good for the local government, attempting to convince people to be optimistic). Godzilla vs Kong did huge numbers last year, dinosaurs are popular among the Chinese, and audiences have been starved of any form of major release since Spring Festival. No way that Dominion grosses near its full China potential, but assuming that 75-80% of theaters are open, and assuming no real competition (the Chinese movies keep canceling their May/June releases), there's some potential here.

• Like 2

Well i wanted few weeks later release but Atleast it is getting a release.

Now i hope situation in China improves by the time it releases. 

Also there's always date extensions it can get which can keep it afloat in market longer like Batman, especially if China keepa banning Marvel Disney stuff.

10 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I can see this falling under DS2's OW but do WAY better overall. A good Jurassic movie kicks butt and usually has good legs.

$165 million OW/$470 million domestic

I have it at 170-175 OW

But i have it at breaking JW OW in club made by @Brainbug the Dinosaur Because why not.

It's basically endgame for us Jurassic fans..... 

1 minute ago, Bigscrubnus said:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-box-office-forecast-lightyear/

nice increase on dominion! If this keeps up we could beat JW!

Is the old cast returning that big of a get for this movie? I'm really perplexed at the high prediction for the OW. Does tracking indicate a huge OW? I know JW is more walk up friendly, but still, i'm very confused rn

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Is the old cast returning that big of a get for this movie? I'm really perplexed at the high prediction for the OW. Does tracking indicate a huge OW? I know JW is more walk up friendly, but still, i'm very confused rn

Apparently the pre sales are really strong for dominion, add the walk up heavy nature to that and it’s going to be massive

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I have no idea..... What exactly is the methodology that Box Office Pro use?