Fancyarcher

Wednesday Numbers - Game Night - $905k, Annihilation - $565k

18 minutes ago, Alli said:

nother good hold for RS. Can it make 60M?

Not sure if it is particularly good looking at previous daily trend seem to be in line with movie getting ok normal legs, it would have had place I think in the R-rated options released as a competition, but the reception make that really hard.

First John Wick hold are far from being enough for that, Atomic Blonde did 51m with a better start, even Salt multiplier would push it only at 55m.

It would need The Shack multiplier (released the exact same weekend last year and did 57.4 with a 16.1m OW) to do it:

Shack vs RS hold

Saturday: +11.7 / +12.2

Sunday: -24.%  / -39.4

Monday: -69.9% / -64.7%

Tuesday: +49.9% / 41.4%

Wednesday: -37.6% / -33.5%

In absolute number
Monday: 1.387 / 1.44

Tuesday: 2.079 / 2.042

Wednesday: 1.298 / 1.358

So I guess that could be a reference to follow the next week to see if there is a chance, The Shack was at 20.93 after 6 days, RS 21.69m (so RS would need to gain a bit over it from now on). 

Shack V Blonde V RS box office evolution:

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons-extended/Red-Sparrow/Atomic-Blonde/Shack-The

I think RS can finish in the middle of those 2 as a best case scenario.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saw Black Panther again tonight and got a trailer for an animated movie I didn't know existed.  Sgt Stubby.   I've never even heard of Fun Academy and this seems to be their first film.  Sadly it just looks boring.  It seems to be basically a dog in a weird situation movie (ie: Air Bud, etc) but animated instead of live action.  They might have saved money and time by just filming real actors and a real dog.

Does a thread for this even exist?

Edited by Sal

9 minutes ago, Sal said:

Saw Black Panther again tonight and got a trailer for an animated movie I didn't know existed.  Sgt Stubby.   I've never even heard of Fun Academy and this seems to be their first film.  Sadly it just looks boring.  It seems to be basically a dog in a weird situation movie (ie: Air Bud, etc) but animated instead of live action.  They might have saved money and time by just filming real actors and a real dog.

Does a thread for this even exist?

Without having any idea what the movie was beyond it's name I assumed it was going to be a kind of Dark Comedy about a Vietnam Vet or something.

10 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Without having any idea what the movie was beyond it's name I assumed it was going to be a kind of Dark Comedy about a Vietnam Vet or something.

It seems to be a rote 'based on a true story' animal film... but animated.