Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen (Y3) - Countdown Time!!

I won't review everything, but I will be taking requests. All users may request two films:

• A film that they had written.
  • A film that someone else had written.

After one round of requests, (I.e. I review one film from everyone) I will review the films on my most anticipated list: 

• The Scavenger Wars
  • The Number One Dime
  • The Odyssey: Counsel of the Dead
  • Lilo & Stitch

And here's my rating scale:

Spoiler

A+ / A / A-

B+ / B / B-

C+ / C / C-

D+ / D / D-

F

• Astonished 3

12 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I won't review everything, but I will be taking requests. All users may request two films:

• A film that they had written.
  • A film that someone else had written.

After one round of requests, (I.e. I review one film from everyone) I will review the films on my most anticipated list: 

• The Scavenger Wars
  • The Number One Dime
  • The Odyssey: Counsel of the Dead
  • Lilo & Stitch

And here's my rating scale:

Reveal hidden contents

What are the equivalence are the letter grades to #/10 and #/5?

Pending requests from @4815162342, @Hiccup23, by review queue will be...

MONDAY

My Peoples

Dark Side

TUESDAY

Ripper

Silent Hill

The Raven Boys

WEDNESDAY

The Scavenger Wars

(Nothing on Thursday because sorry guys Thanos is my priority)

FRIDAY

The Number One Dime

Lilo And Stitch

SATURDAY

The Odyssey II

Earth Defense Force

Call of Duty

God of War

The Chrysallids

SUNDAY/MONDAY

Top 25! (And Bottom 10)

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Such shade Pastaman.

Fine.

Kim Possible

Bioshock (you can just take your review from Year 6 since the only things I changed were some casting and a couple tiny touch-ups. Casting wise I gender-flipped Jack to Jacqueline.)

My Peoples

Truth be told, my general thoughts for the movie are pretty similar to the original draft I read. The movie works best when it embraces its earnest, sentimental nature with a musical, bluegrass feel. The animation (especially the character designs) and voice acting are splendid, although I will admit that with the film being conceived in hand-drawn animation, I almost would have preferred to see it in that fashion. 

I think the film's biggest issue is that you find it struggling to appeal to kids and even make it to the 90 minute mark. Angel's story, featuring a great deal of kid-friendly slapstick, is again the weakest part of the movie for me, honestly. Angel never felt truly as empathetic as she needed to be, and the movie kind of sinks when the focus is on her (no offense to Kristen Bell). The individual dolls are pretty fun to watch, but they never stand out or have any particularly memorable moments, but as mentioned, even their character designs are really cool. Focusing on the bigger picture, the love story itself, there's a lot of good and bad there. The earnest, sweet love story is quite touching at a lot of parts, but it suffers from being predictable and sometimes convoluted (many of the plots kind of drag the film out, and the forced fighting for a lot of the third act is a bit grating), especially when you mix alchemy and magical mayhem into it.

But as a whole, in spite of its problems, namely in its tendency towards being mildly cliched and convoluted, it's still a fun time at the movies, and one you can feel good about taking your family to. It's a nice little movie that never quite soars, but I don't think it truly needed to.

B-

Just now, Isle of Pasta said:

While eating the two sit in the theater room and watch The Parvelli Reunion. Tyler asks Hunter if their lives are as fucked up and dramatic as the characters in the movie. Hunter laughs and says no.

I may disagree there. :apocalypse:

I... think that's kinda the point though