baumer

BSG Movie Trivia worth 20,000 points is up.

Ive never joined before. Is anyone willing to either PM me or post a big reply here with what is required and how it works?Id really like to play this summer - I think we're in for a killer summer!

Go to the first page. It's all there.Also my signature takes you there.

In the most nutties of nutshells, here is the game:Predict the top 12 films of the summer (May 1st to Labour Day only)Predict to 5 WW GrossesPredict top 7 domestic OWPredict top 5 WW opening weekendsAnswer all 17 perseason questionsAll of this is due before May 2ndEvery week answer 12-25 weekly questions about the box office that week.Answer spur of the moment questions (SOTM)That's it. Winner gets money and so does 2nd and 3rd.

For the WW opening weekends, this is now changing to:

Name the top 5 international Weekends.

So this means it is no longer OPENING WEEKEND, just weekend. The reason for the change is that I can't keep track of what films are opening in one market before they have their WW launch. So to make this easier, it will just be the 5 best WW opening weekends.

For example, if The Expendables opens in 3 markets first and grosses 10 mill on August 2nd, and then opens in 55 markets on August 17th and makes 345 mill for the weekend, this would obviously be one of your answers for the top 5.

Any questions?

For the WW opening weekends, this is now changing to:

Name the top 5 international Weekends.

So this means it is no longer OPENING WEEKEND, just weekend. The reason for the change is that I can't keep track of what films are opening in one market before they have their WW launch. So to make this easier, it will just be the 5 best WW opening weekends.

For example, if The Expendables opens in 3 markets first and grosses 10 mill on August 2nd, and then opens in 55 markets on August 17th and makes 345 mill for the weekend, this would obviously be one of your answers for the top 5.

Any questions?

Nope. Everything is clear as glass! :)

So basically it is the WW weekend gross for the weekend of domestic opening.

I don't know what you mean Fake. Sorry.It just means what 5 films will have the biggest weekends internationally.....any weekend, opening, 2nd week, whatever.

I don't know what you mean Fake. Sorry.It just means what 5 films will have the biggest weekends internationally.....any weekend, opening, 2nd week, whatever.

I see. Any weekend in summer of course. So 5 DIFFERENT films? What if a film has two, three huge international weekends?

I meant that the biggest weekend worldwide a movie is gonna have will also most likely be the weekend when it opens in NA.There might be a few exceptions of course.

I see. Any weekend in summer of course. So 5 DIFFERENT films? What if a film has two, three huge international weekends?

I knew there would be a question like that....lolYou can only pick a film once, the best weekend will be the one that qualifies. :)

I meant that the biggest weekend worldwide a movie is gonna have will also most likely be the weekend when it opens in NA.There might be a few exceptions of course.

It's likely yes, but I know there are going to be films like The Avengers that opens in Russia or some place before it does everywhere else.

It's likely yes, but I know there are going to be films like The Avengers that opens in Russia or some place before it does everywhere else.

For Avengers it should be pretty easy because the weekend before the DOM release isn't even included in the Summer Game.I am gonna help fellow players a bit here that the top 3 will be Avengers, TASM and TDKR, not necessarily in that order. (Big help that is. :P)But 4-5.... oh boy.... that's gonna be a tough one! :D