A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

Agreed. The question is...did Legacy resonate well enough that a sequel will perform well? If TRON 3 is a legitamately good movie, not just a cool looking and sounding movie, will it be able to do well and reach out to audiences that were lukewarm to Legacy? Dunno...glad they're trying though.I wonder if the TV show is doing well...that may be a motivating factor if it is.

If they fulfill the promise of a much more epic film, and if they get Daft Punk back to do that soundtrack, then I think it can reach a wider audience, and get some of those that were on the fence about Legacy to watch this one.The hinted-at plot itself should be more appealing to the mass audience, since it will be more "real world" based on the hints at the end of Legacy.

If they fulfill the promise of a much more epic film, and if they get Daft Punk back to do that soundtrack, then I think it can reach a wider audience, and get some of those that were on the fence about Legacy to watch this one.The hinted-at plot itself should be more appealing to the mass audience, since it will be more "real world" based on the hints at the end of Legacy.

I do really hope you're right. The potential is certainly there. I look to Kosinki to pull it off though...and I look to Oblivion to give me some assurance he has the ability. He's god a great visual and aural sense...hopefully he's grown a lot as a storyteller, which he definitely can.I'm still...wary...though Oblivion being something noteworthy would certainly make me think he can deliver.

I've heard the TV show is quite good. Only watched a few episodes but the action sequences were far more exciting than anything in the movie. I know I gave it a generous grade on first watch but I've found the film harder to defend on every repeat viewing.

for me it is the opposite. I have found more to appreciate on repeat viewings

A bullet was dodged with Tron Legacy- a nearly 30 year old sequel to a fanboy AICN movie (and a movie that was hardly a box office hit in the first place) with the budget that it had should have bombed worse than Cutthroat Island, and it didn't and it even made a few bucks. (Though, far less money than some of the ludicrous Mojo predictions of 300M to 400M).A studio dodged a bullet and should leave well enough alone. Enough is enough with this Tron stuff. No need to push one's luck.

A bullet was dodged with Tron Legacy- a nearly 30 year old sequel to a fanboy AICN movie (and a movie that was hardly a box office hit in the first place) with the budget that it had should have bombed worse than Cutthroat Island, and it didn't and it even made a few bucks. (Though, far less money than some of the ludicrous Mojo predictions of 300M to 400M).

Well, let's not go overboard. Didn't really lose money? Yeah. Made a few bucks? Yeah...no.
  • Like 1

2015 or 2014?Dec. 2015 would likely go up against Avatar and I would image no non-AA movie would want to go up against it. Maybe Nov for a Thanksgiving release would work how about April. If Oblivion is a hit would be a good idea. May is out, maybe July but about POTCV? (2014 or 2015?). Maybe Dec. 2014 which is wide open now.