YM!

YourMother’s Fear IV Reviews: Pumpkin Spiced Fall Edition From The Crypt

The Amityville Nightmare: Part II

This is a solid improvement than it’s predecessor mainly due to it flowing better. The acting is really good, and the scares are great. The only real problem is I feel like I feel the overdose on gore takes away the atmospheric nature of it, which the first had the superior advantage towards.

7.3/10.0

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Von Donop is hornier than a goat. 

Yep, and him basically screwing up the entire war plan because he wanted to try and get laid is all true. But that's not the craziest part. I didn't include it since it's only a theory by historians but

Spoiler

A lot of historians believe that the widow, whose name is lost to history, whose "charms" detained von Donop in Mount Holly for a few days was a certain woman named Betsy Ross.

Fortnight

God. Damn. This. Was. Excellent. It tends to be a slow burn sort of war movie and it works out greatly. The writing here is top notch (the focus on struggles of both armies help add much more depth to the story), the characters are all memorable, specifically my favorites were Clarke, who nails it as Washington (I think Odysseus has legitimate competition for best actor, we see both Washington’s never surrender attitude along with fear which really helps add), Holland does a great Hamilton and Lewis had one of my favorite performances of him as Cornwallis who is a very sympathetic antagonist. God I loved this flick, good job @4815162342.

10.0/10.0

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Fortnight

God. Damn. This. Was. Excellent. It tends to be a slow burn sort of war movie and it works out greatly. The writing here is top notch (the focus on struggles of both armies help add much more depth to the story), the characters are all memorable, specifically my favorites were Clarke, who nails it as Washington (I think Odysseus has legitimate competition for best actor, we see both Washington’s never surrender attitude along with fear which really helps add), Holland does a great Hamilton and Lewis had one of my favorite performances of him as Cornwallis who is a very sympathetic antagonist. God I loved this flick, good job @4815162342.

10.0/10.0

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

Looks like I got competition.

I dig it. :sparta:

I only got 12 films left to read, might get this and top 25 finished and awards done today. So without further do let’s get that number down to 10.

• Like 1

Extreme Dinosaurs 2

This is a pretty damn stupid sequel that said it has it’s flashing moments of fun but pales in comparison to Streets Sharks.

5.6/10.0

A Wish For Wings That Work

A harmless but serviceable Christmas movie your kids will enjoy, boosted by the lovely pile of gold we call Taron Egerton.

6.0/10.0 

(Me will update with memes later but real talk is @Hiccup23‘s Unbreakable Bond finished, I don’t think it was but it’s on the page but I don’t want to read it until I’m absolutely sure since it was a Posion and Wine spin-off he had major plans for)

• Sad 1

Starlit Highway

I’m not going to lie, I was very hyped for this flick, and when @Spagheditary did Spark 3, I thought to myself secretly that both would be rushed. However, I was wrong and Spark 3 had one of the most impressive CAYOM writing stories turnaround, and I thought the same magic would work for SH, and does it. Sort of. This is very good dramedy, both Farmiga and Fonda nail their respective roles and the two have great chemistry, the writing is also very good but at the same time, it never reaches greatness. My main problem is the third act is squabbled in execution and imho is kind of predictable, and I never found Owen the most convincing to feel for. Still this is a very good film but sadly it never reaches greatness.

7.5/10.0

Yeah I really sprinted to try and finish it. By the time I was done with Spark 3 I was completely exhausted and didn’t have the energy to do anything else. Starlit turned out fairly half assed as a result, and I feel kind of shitty about that. 😕

Fear not, @cookie. Live2ream is happening and Letitia Wright is gonna be in a pretty big OC I have next year.

• Like 1

Broadway Selects: Eugene O’Neill’s The Iceman Cometh

What?

2.0/10.0

3:37 AM

A basic horror film that fails to break the mold or captivate.

2.3/10.0

A White Man, A Black Man

Again, this doesn’t work. This only scratches the bare surface without the allure or passion or thoughtfulness these types of films have. Just shock value is all.

1.8/10.0

Crysis

A by the numbers sci-fi action flicks with cool visuals and action set pieces but lacks strong writing or character development or even memorable ones for that matter.

5.5/10.0