YM!

YourMother’s Fear IV Reviews: Pumpkin Spiced Fall Edition From The Crypt

56 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Big Daddy M’Baku has arrived.

I wanted to have some fun and go against type by having him as a big, athletic, imposing looking dude who is actually a brainy jolly nerd

• Like 2

Pillars of Eternity: The Hollow Vale

Kana is a treasure that should be protected. However this movie couldn’t be saved sadly. It’s an overlong bore

4.5/10.0

Spoiler

Just kidding, had to add some suspense. Aside from god Kana, this is a wonderful film with a captivating world, stunning visuals, and a compelling plot with likeable characters. However it has some warts, the lore was a bit dense, some things seemed a bit too obvious, and to be honest for me, I felt the first 30 minutes where a bit slow but it’s makes it up afterward and is still well paced. I have a gut feeling audiences will enjoy it this spring.

9.1/10.0

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 4

Marked Up Time

As anyone on BOT, I am a massive Lord/Miller fanboy. Like very massive. Sure my own Lord/Miller movie Dazzled was shit but I have always had some sort of impression of the duo in my own films or try as those two are major inspirations film wise to me. Marked Up Time was probably my most anticipated movie of the year because of that. How did I feel? I enjoyed it very much. Yes it most definitely has its warts but it’s a very fun ride. The characters are all very likeable, Lord/Miller’s energy is the much needed booster and very heartfelt. However what stops it from succeeding are a few things. One, being the casting problems, namely Mark and Jake, as Mark feels too young and Jake a bit too old. Zendaya also is subject to this. Two, being the rules of time travel had me just a bit confused at a few points. Three, I feel the third act is too long and as much as I enjoyed Kronos, as @Alpha said it’s too much.

Spoiler

Multiple Marks on top of that is which I get what was trying to be achieved kind of makes it bloated a bit unnecessary.

Overall it’s a fun ride, that audiences should enjoy. I recommend it. Not the best Lord Miller film but it’s still a charming flick.

7.0/10.0

latest?cb=20171228131245&key=d571718d8c1

• Sad 1

Carnosaur

A fun pulpy horror film where dinosaur kill. However it never reaches the heights of the Jurassic Park films despite having been first.

5.7/10.0

Khanh Bernarda Alba

This is a pretty standard drama. Nice to a foreign drama around though.

4.5/10.0

Spirit Curse:

Eh. 

2.5/10.0

• Thanks 1

Okay. Going to get Odyssey 3, Mass Effect and Earthsong over the weekend but also the last guess for the first half of the year, worth 10 points; the film is a film no has reviewed yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Okay. Going to get Odyssey 3, Mass Effect and Earthsong over the weekend but also the last guess for the first half of the year, worth 10 points; the film is a film no has reviewed yet.

American Dragon?

• Like 1

Mass Effect

If there’s two things that’ll always make money in CAYOM is huge sci-fi flicks and remakes of properties. There’s a lot of pressure on this one especially in the world that Voltron or Spark or Scavenger Wars owns (Odyssey doesn’t count as I’m just talking about sci-fi and I’d include Treasure Planet but looking at reviews unless it pulls a POTC I don’t think it’s valid anymore) What Mass Effect does to separate from the competition is to give it a Mission Impossible feel to it. Thankfully it doesn’t fall into the same trappings as Bioshock. 

All and all, Mass Effect is a great adaptation and I felt the second reread was better than the first, the action pieces are energized, world building is solid, the visuals are meant to be seen on the biggest screen possible, strong writing as usual for a Numbers flick, and likeable characters, I really found myself captivated with a few (could just be nostalgia but I mean Sherpard (who’s improved a bit from the preread imo) and Banes being the obvious standouts), and I also like the evil human vs alien supremacist struggles which shows that both sides are corrupt. 

However I had a few problems with this film, I didn’t necessarily care for Balak, I found the lesser antagonists, Haliat and Saccarino more convincing to watch then him, since all he did was plan and take orders and as likeable as most of the main characters are they could have left a stronger impression. I liked this movie a bunch, if I were to rank CAYOM big sci-fi blockbusters, it’d be in the upper tier however I felt it was the weakest out of Numbers big 3 of the first half of the year. Pillars of Eternity is the superior Numbers tentpole and I love Pokémon with a burning passion, and ROTR is as legitimately great.

8.5/10.0

• Like 2

Broadway Selects: Spongebob Squarepants

I like Spongebob. I like musicals. I liked this.

6.8/10.0

Earth Day

Animals Gone Wild: Volume 4 (also its cringey but also fun)

4.7/10.0

• Like 1