cookie

Cookie's Corner Y4 - Spark 3 ending explained on page 14

Okay I’m going to be very honest to @Spagspiria

I’m legit planning to go back and re-read the whole thing again because I legit think I might have missed something. That’s why I’m not dropping a full review just yet.

But not tonight.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

The only reason Spark 3 wasn’t #1 for me (it could’ve easily been #1 too) was how confusing some of the writing was at times. Wasn’t a huge problem for me but it really did hamper the experience.

I still stand by it being a fantastic movie but yeah, there’s a reason I put it below Resonance on my Top 25 list.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

Spoiler

If the third act was a bit fine tuned, I'd easily have had a three way tie for number 1.

That said, Beyond The Sky was easily better than Homeward and I liked it about the same as Rising.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Also, in comparison, the first Odyssey movie was written in three days and I stand by that Spark 3 was a hell of a better rush job than that film was. 😂

I had to rush a huge chunk of Scavenger Wars in less than a week so I completely sympathize if Pasta felt pressure (and there are parts I’m less satisfied with which is why I’m doing the director’s cut) but I’m still not sure if I can parse out the end result.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

I had to rush a huge chunk of Scavenger Wars in less than a week so I completely sympathize if Pasta felt pressure (and there are parts I’m less satisfied with which is why I’m doing the director’s cut) but I’m still not sure if I can parse out the end result.

If there are any questions, I am happy to help. It was a very, VERY last minute decision to try and write this for the time being, so stuff could have easily gotten muddled.

I wasn’t even planning to do it in Y4 before Friday, let alone actually start writing it. I think it turned out well still but it could have very well used another editing pass TBH.

If anything, the movie needed more time in the oven to fully form. I’ll feel much more confident going into the last film, but I think I may need to step back and explain things a bit in the finale (which I really rushed to finish to try and get to Starlit by the end of the year).

I may have driven myself kind of insane trying to write it, literally going to bed at 2am on Saturday night. By the time I got to the finale I just wanted to get it done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

If anything, the movie needed more time in the oven to fully form. I’ll feel much more confident going into the last film, but I think I may need to step back and explain things a bit in the finale (which I really rushed to finish to try and get to Starlit by the end of the year).

I may have driven myself kind of insane trying to write it, literally going to bed at 2am on Saturday night. By the time I got to the finale I just wanted to get it done.

We all got our last minute rush jobs.

Human Revolution was mostly thrown together in a 48 hour span as a last minute decision. And while I like how it turned out, it could have been better

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

A Fool’s Errand was constructed in three days, same for God of War: Retribution so it’s understandable. Besides both of the two pale in comparison to Beyond The Sky.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blankments said:

If only you counted Holly Hunter... she's got a pretty big role in a high-profile Y5 movie for me :ph34r:

Spoiler

She has like barely more than a cameo in both the first movie and part two.

Edited by cookie