cookie

Cookie's Corner Y4 - Spark 3 ending explained on page 14

Spoiler

Marked Up Time by @Blankments

It's kind of all over the place and kinda goes off the rails towards the end, but Lord & Miller with their wits and talents manage to make a concept as off-beat as this at least be entertaining in its own right.

Spoiler

Resonance by @Alpha

I may not be as high on this as some others have been, but you have to do pretty bad for me not to like a good old psychological thriller (spoiler: this means Tulpa will show up on this list too).

Spoiler

Blue & Gold by @YourMother the Edgelord

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640

Spoiler

The Mole by @Blankments

This reminded me a lot of Blank in a way. Maybe because of Mark Strong.

Spoiler

Tulpa by @Rorschach

Hey look, here's the one I spoiled thirty seconds ago.

I like everything with the doppelganger and Kozar does a fine job in the role. The ending feels kinda cheap but that's the only real complaint I have about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

American Dragon: Darkness Rising by @Xillix

It's a bit weird that this is ranking as high as it does given that I wasn't so high on it with my original review (I'd say #18-#15 are all 7/10 so it was kind of a coin flip in the end). Probably speaks to the fact that not too many movies left that much of an impression on me this year.

But this is still a fun action adventure with likable characters and willing to take its time to work on build-up which is rare for a family-aimed film.

Spoiler

Sir Thymes Time by @Blankments

I remember reading this in 2.0 and enjoying it a lot, and it holds up decently well even now. But I prefer the second one still.

Plus CHIWETEEEEEEEEL

Spoiler

A Month at Belmond Lane by @Spagspiria

I'll freely admit I have limited exposure to Wes Anderson's work and this didn't do it for me as much as it has done for others, but I did enjoy it quite a bit.

Spoiler

Silent Hill: Restless Dreams by @Xillix

While a step down from its predecessor, Restless Dreams manages to deliver on the strength of an impressive third act and general reverence and respect for its source material.

Spoiler

Starlit Highway by @Spagspiria

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, I kinda had to go back and rethink this one a bit. It still feels rushed and could've used more time, but what it was trying to get across it did so admirably. Plus after the horrors poor Pidge had to be subjected to with Jonny Jonny she deserves a break.

Top 10 will be tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Before I get into today's top 10, there's one movie that, thinking back on it, had one thing in it that was really unnecessary in hindsight. So much so that it cost it a spot or two. Still in the top ten, but I think the author should've reconsidered that bit.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

Pokémon: Rise of the Rockets by @4815162342

It may part have been me being in a really good mood when I read it but this was a lot more fun than its predecessor, especially since it improved on a lot of the original’s shortcomings. And Conan still rules.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Spark: Beyond the Sky by @Spagspiria

I think Ezen and Katherine’s deaths were terribly handled. Yeah I said it, come at me.

Aside from a messy third act, this third installment improves on its more lackluster predecessor by creating more stakes and end in a way that, while it didn’t elevate this film enough to be up there with the original (far from it), gives the fourth and final installment all the necessary ingredients to hopefully end this iconic series on the strongest of notes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pillars of Eternity: I’m Still Going to Call J.K Simmons a Wizard, Numbers by @4815162342

Sure, it’s slow pace is ultimately a detriment, but Numerator Pictures has managed to launch a full-fledged fantasy franchise with fun characters, extant and fascinating worldbuilding and a kickass third act, with bigger and even more exciting things promised in the films to come.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, cookie said:

Hide contents

Pillars of Eternity: I’m Still Going to Call J.K Simmons a Wizard, Numbers by @4815162342

Sure, it’s slow pace is ultimately a detriment, but Numerator Pictures has managed to launch a full-fledged fantasy franchise with fun characters, extant and fascinating worldbuilding and a kickass third act, with bigger and even more exciting things promised in the films to come.

Keep ranking the series in the Top 10 and you can call him whatever you want

• Thanks 1