cookie

Cookie's Corner Y4 - Spark 3 ending explained on page 14

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

My quest to turn all seven of team Voltron plus Tommy Boy into Oscar nominees continues at a steady pace :sparta:

And yet still nobody gives Hunk any love what do y'all have against him huh

Oh I’ve got something planned for him...

And technically his VA in the series was in all 3 Blood and Fur movies...

• Astonished 1

34 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Please don’t hurt me today @cookie :whosad:

(LOOK INTO HIS EYES SINCE HE’LL BE IN SPARK IV)

(WAIT CRAP THAT WAS CONFIDENTIAL INFO)

You think the puppy dog eyes are your ally? I was born in it, molded by it.

Spoiler

Also, you think Scrooge McTennant will work on me when you yet refuse to put any Voltron/Scavenger Wars cast members in Spark despite me putting Alex in TSW?

37 minutes ago, cookie said:

You think the puppy dog eyes are your ally? I was born in it, molded by it.

Hide contents

Also, you think Scrooge McTennant will work on me when you yet refuse to put any Voltron/Scavenger Wars cast members in Spark despite me putting Alex in TSW?

He’s not the only addition so far....

Before I go into the last two requests, I'd just like to say that one movie I've reviewed earlier has had its grade changed after some thought (it's not By the Balls since I never gave it a grade, fyi). You won't know until the top 25.

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

Before I go into the last two requests, I'd just like to say that one movie I've reviewed earlier has had its grade changed after some thought (it's not By the Balls since I never gave it a grade, fyi). You won't know until the top 25.

Now before we do anything hasty, you don’t want to make our Blue Boi sad, especially with the great year he’s having.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Now before we do anything hasty, you don’t want to make our Blue Boi sad, especially with the great year he’s having.

Jake T. Austin's characters at the Oscars this year:

1s4m7s19ska11.jpg

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Jake T. Austin's characters at the Oscars this year:

1s4m7s19ska11.jpg

Spoiler

So Lance, Kuzco, Jaime Reyes, Pacha and maybe Max from Amulet II all meet each other in the CAYOM story. Also is Kuzco in llama form?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I'm going to tip my hand this one time:

Spoiler

It's not KotS

Now the rest of you may panic.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Silent Hill: Restless Dreams

I do see where Numbers is coming from on this. There's more of that repetitive video game plotting in the first two acts with the main character running around barely connected set pieces - sometimes with another character running beside him, sometimes not - while the town more than occasionally stops the plot dead just so it could go "boo!" or in the more extreme cases gross you out. In its defense, it doesn't center around another fetch quest that took up so much of the first film.

And to the film's further credit, this is only up to a point. If anything saves this movie it's the third act, although it makes me wish the whole movie was like that. The end twist with James was pretty neat and the visuals feel like they actually play into the story rather than just replicating iconic moments from the source material. While it seemed strange at first that it felt like the main character was never actually in any real danger (my boi Pyramid Head mainly exists just to do something fucked up in front of James and then leave) the ending helps tie it together and provide a consistent logic in a setting that usually has none.

The first two acts do bog it down, but it doesn't feel all that long for as soon as the movie enters its third act it's pretty smooth sailing, even if it kinda has to hurry to lay down all the pieces it still hadn't covered.

I feel like my grade is going to fluctuate on this but I think the first movie was somewhat better because it took more time to build atmosphere before it got repetitive, whereas this one goes straight into the scares and thus the repetition. Again, had the rest of the movie been as focused as the third act, it would've been a whole lot stronger.

7.5/10

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, cookie said:

Silent Hill: Restless Dreams

I do see where Numbers is coming from on this. There's more of that repetitive video game plotting in the first two acts with the main character running around barely connected set pieces - sometimes with another character running beside him, sometimes not - while the town more than occasionally stops the plot dead just so it could go "boo!" or in the more extreme cases gross you out. In its defense, it doesn't center around another fetch quest that took up so much of the first film.

And to the film's further credit, this is only up to a point. If anything saves this movie it's the third act, although it makes me wish the whole movie was like that. The end twist with James was pretty neat and the visuals feel like they actually play into the story rather than just replicating iconic moments from the source material. While it seemed strange at first that it felt like the main character was never actually in any real danger (my boi Pyramid Head mainly exists just to do something fucked up in front of James and then leave) the ending helps tie it together and provide a consistent logic in a setting that usually has none.

The first two acts do bog it down, but it doesn't feel all that long for as soon as the movie enters its third act it's pretty smooth sailing, even if it kinda has to hurry to lay down all the pieces it still hadn't covered.

I feel like my grade is going to fluctuate on this but I think the first movie was somewhat better because it took more time to build atmosphere before it got repetitive, whereas this one goes straight into the scares and thus the repetition. Again, had the rest of the movie been as focused as the third act, it would've been a whole lot stronger.

7.5/10

This was pretty much how I felt about the movie.

9 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

.....Thank god.

I thought you were going to panic because you'd think I'd be dragging it out and then write a troll review where I slam the movie only for that troll review to be oddly prophetic of my real opinion.

But I wouldn't do that, would I? :sparta:

Just now, cookie said:

I thought you were going to panic because you'd think I'd be dragging it out and then write a troll review where I slam the movie only for that troll review to be oddly prophetic of my real opinion.

But I wouldn't do that, would I? :sparta:

This may count as the troll in and of itself...

• Like 1