Bluebomb

Intouchables OS - 409.0m!

4 french movies with most admissions outside France

Amelie (2001) : 23,1 m ; $33,225,499 DOM

March Of The Penguins (2005) : 20 m; $77,437,223 DOM

The Intouchables (2011) 16,7 m; $325,909 DOM

Asterix & Obelix Take On Caesar (1999) : 15,9 m; $1,644,060 DOM

Only March of the Penguins was dubbed in english (e.g. Morgan Freeman; narrative)

Edited by Rudolf

I see... Didn't know this animation flick -- Asterix erobert Rom -- was so big in Germany.No other numbers for other countries since it was released in 76.But it's still a "wow" number I would not have expected. :huh:

Edited by pinocchio

It was the best Asterix film, and the one not based on an existing comic story but with its own script.Other popular french films (aside from Asterix):Bienvenue chez les Chti'sThe Fifth ElementThe comedies of Louis de Funès were extremely popular in Germany+Austria but those were mainly in the 60s and 70s - I guess every single of his comedies had more than 1million admissions, some a lot more, but data is hard to come by. Same with comedian Pierre Richard.edit: Just checked, a lot of Louis de Funès comedies got awarded the "golden screen" in germany which means more than 3 million admissions.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

4 french movies with most admissions outside France

Amelie (2001) : 23,1 m ; $33,225,499 DOM

March Of The Penguins (2005) : 20 m; $77,437,223 DOM

The Intouchables (2011) 16,7 m; $325,909 DOM

Asterix & Obelix Take On Caesar (1999) : 15,9 m; $1,644,060 DOM

Only March of the Penguins was dubbed in english (e.g. Morgan Freeman; narrative)

Top French movies in Soviet Union. That dvarfs everything else I guess.

Les quatre Charlots mousquetaires (1973) 56.6 mln

Zorro (1975 55.3 mln

Les bidasses s'en vont en guerre (1974) 50.1 mln

La tulipe noire (1963) 47.8 mln

Fantômas (1964) 45.5 mln

Le bossu (1959) 44.9 mln

Fantômas se déchaîne (1965) 44.7 mln

Angélique, marquise des anges (1964) 44.1 mln

Angélique et le roy (1965) 43.3 mln

Le gendarme se marie (1968) 41.8 mln

L'animal (1977) 41.3 mln

Flic ou voyou (1979) 38.9 mln

La grande vadrouille (1966) 37.8 mln

Les mystères de Paris (1962) 37.4 mln

La sorcière (1956) 36.4 mln

Le gendarme et les extra-terrestres (1978) 35.3 mln

Cartouche (1961) 34.6 mln

Fantômas contre Scotland Yard (1966) 34.3 mln

L'alpagueur (1976) 33.5 mln

3 hommes et un couffin (1985) 33.5 mln

Fanfan la Tulipe (1952) 33 mln

Le guignolo (1980) 31.5 mln

Le corniaud (1965) 30.9 mln

Le comte de Monte-Cristo (1953) 30.2 mln

Le capitan (1960) 30.1 mln

If anyone is interested I can continue that list with other french movies above 20m admission.

We have already noted unbelievable admissions for Austrian and Australian movies in the Sowjetunion. Tickets were cheap, but they did not have the screens then. Were these movies running day and night for month on end?

We have already noted unbelievable admissions for Austrian and Australian movies in the Sowjetunion. Tickets were cheap, but they did not have the screens then. Were these movies running day and night for month on end?

In US average number for admissions per year is 4.3. In France it is 3.5, In Germany only around 1.5In Soviet Union it was between 15 and 20 depending on year. To put it simply average soviet citizen went to movies between 15 and 20 times per year. For many people it was quite common to go to movies almost every Saturday or Sunday.Almost every small village had a small theater or just a projector and some kind of screen. There was no restriction for old movies. If people liked them theaters could show them for many years. But in late 80-s admissions fell shaprly and then everything simply died. Edited by juni78ukr

In US average number for admissions per year is 4.3. In France it is 3.5, In Germany only around 1.5In Soviet Union it was between 15 and 20 depending on year. To put it simply average soviet citizen went to movies between 15 and 20 times per year. For many people it was quite common to go to movies almost every Saturday or Sunday.Almost every small village had a small theater or just a projector and some kind of screen. There was no restriction for old movies. If people liked them theaters could show them for many years. But in late 80-s admissions fell shaprly and then everything simply died.

And those admissions were not reported back to the producers of the movies, because the contracts did not make that necessary? I am sure neither the Australians, the Austrian nor the French (from whom I took those records) are aware of those numbers.

And those admissions were not reported back to the producers of the movies, because the contracts did not make that necessary? I am sure neither the Australians, the Austrian nor the French (from whom I took those records) are aware of those numbers.

Usually foreign movies were purchased for flat price. Or sometimes it was a some kind of cultural exchange between two countries. So there was no need to report anything.