sfran43

Weekend Thread: Hunter Killer - $420K preview

6 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

First of all: -37,5% and -37% aren't great holds for the cartoon, especially without any buzz. Second- OW was too small and nedded much better recovery.

23 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Possibly. It's between this and The Predator, but this may be a bigger one all things considered as the budget is not much smaller but it probably won't even hit 100M WW. The Girl In The Spider's Web isn't looking that good either, but I doubt it will be as big a write-off as Predator or First Man (hell, it might not be a write-off at all; OS could rescue it, and its budget is half of Dragon Tattoo's, so maybe it gets past the disaster point safely).

On the plus side, it seems like the last one too. This new :sparta: movie is probably gonna do well OS. Though I'm a little worried about The Hate U Give, as it may top out DOM at around 30M and it won't do well OS... on a budget of 23M. But that should hardly be much of a money loss for Fox regardless.

This has been a dope fall season, actually. Unlike past falls where it was bomb and disappointment after bomb and disappointment. Even September had The Nun, The House, Smallfoot and Night School all doing great or solidly.

Actually it's El Royale. Cost $32M to produce, at least another $20M to market. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, I though The Hate U Give would've held better considering nothing interesting came out and it got an A+ CS grade. Oh well.

To be fair, it is still a movie about racism and police brutality. It's not really something that many people would be eager to see. Also doesn't help that it's still a teen movie, which won't help when it comes to appealing towards adults.