Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 5 - ADVANCE SCHEDULE THREAD

One thing I always found fascinating about the franchise is the clear tonal disconnect between the James Wong/Glen Morgan entries and the David R. Ellis/Eric Bress ones. I assume from your posts you're going in more of an FD2/FD4 direction tonally?

1 hour ago, Xillix said:

One thing I always found fascinating about the franchise is the clear tonal disconnect between the James Wong/Glen Morgan entries and the David R. Ellis/Eric Bress ones. I assume from your posts you're going in more of an FD2/FD4 direction tonally?

Yeah, the tone is going to be a bit more darkly comedic than the other series  entries and slightly more over the top. I’ve actually found a way to work in a bit of a meta twist.

The events of 1-5 will be canon, and 666 will take place a few years after they passed. Bria Vinaite is gonna be the lead of the series, so her surviving at least 2 movies will be of note.

I want to shake up the formula without betraying the canon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Artifacts: Rise Of The Crest - 2/12/Y5 (tentpole)

Gigantic - 3/26/Y5 (IMAX) (tentpole)

Smells Like School Spirit - 4/2/Y5 (Oscar Contender)

Phoenix: Rebirth - 4/30/Y5 (IMAX) (tentpole)

Inspector Gadget - 6/4/Y5 (tentpole)

The Valkyries vs The Galaxy - 7/9/Y5 (tentpole)

Dragon Ball: The Red Ribbon Saga - 7/30/Y5 (IMAX) 

Green Lantern Corps: Hunted - 9/4/Y5 (IMAX) (tentpole) 

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - 12/22/Y5 (tentpole)

New schedule 

I am a little conflicted right now. I am probably gonna remove Tower of Terror from the schedule and put something else in its place. That said, a director that I want to use for the project is already being used for another big budget tentpole project this year. I'm conflicted because I want to replace Tower of Terror with a project that could still use the IMAX format to its benefit but at the same time, I don't want to do it without this certain director because I feel they are perfect for the project.

Just now, Rorschach said:

I am a little conflicted right now. I am probably gonna remove Tower of Terror from the schedule and put something else in its place. That said, a director that I want to use for the project is already being used for another big budget tentpole project this year. I'm conflicted because I want to replace Tower of Terror with a project that could still use the IMAX format to its benefit but at the same time, I don't want to do it without this certain director because I feel they are perfect for the project.

Who is it?

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

Which director is it?

Hide contents

I do have a secondary director to fall back on. It's just that I'd much rather prefer my first choice. Gah. So frustrating. 

Outside of what I said before about not wanting a big name director's style dictate the direction of my writing their greater chance of being unavailable is why I don't go for them either.

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Outside of what I said before about not wanting a big name director's style dictate the direction of my writing their greater chance of being unavailable is why I don't go for them either.

Guess I'm going with my second choice then since he's available...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Guess I'm going with my second choice then since he's available...

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

giphy.gif

Spoiler

He'd actually be a more interesting choice than Cuaron anyway tbh*

* Depending on what project it is.

1 minute ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

...Is it live-action but not really like The Lion King 2019 or...?

Spoiler

It is not a remake of the Disney film. I would never dare touch that film in a million years because it is not only one of my favorite Disney films but I'd but I'd put it in my Top 10 films of all time. I love it that much.

Spoiler

It's a more faithful adaptation of the original book which the film was based off of (and took a lot of liberties to make it more suitable for audiences).

Spoiler

The book itself is more akin to something like Watership Down. It's very adult in nature. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:
  Hide contents

It is not a remake of the Disney film. I would never dare touch that film in a million years because it is not only one of my favorite Disney films but I'd but I'd put it in my Top 10 films of all time. I love it that much.

Hide contents

It's a more faithful adaptation of the original book which the film was based off of (and took a lot of liberties to make it more suitable for audiences).

Hide contents

The book itself is more akin to something like Watership Down. It's very adult in nature. 

Spoiler

Fair enough but it doesn't answer my original question.