cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I started putting my Oscar ballot together. Happy to report that Best Actress is looking fairly stacked this year compared to previous years. 

Best Actor, on the other hand, is fairly weaksauce.

Out of everything I've read so far

Spoiler

I have three picks for Actress I'm sure of.

6 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I started putting my Oscar ballot together. Happy to report that Best Actress is looking fairly stacked this year compared to previous years. 

Best Actor, on the other hand, is fairly weaksauce.

I think we overcorrected from past years....

I don't think Best Actor will be that dry after all. Candidates might not be rich in number, but we do have five solid candidates: Edgerton, Garfield, Henney, Isaac, and Teller. Can't see the five being anything else at this point.

7 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I don't think Best Actor will be that dry after all. Candidates might not be rich in number, but we do have five solid candidates: Edgerton, Garfield, Henney, Isaac, and Teller. Can't see the five being anything else at this point.

Usually Actor is far stronger than Actress though. First time it’s the other way around.

Edited by cookie

17 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Given the love that SS has been getting, I almost could see Hoult sneak in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

@Xillix you'd campaign him for Best Actor, right?

If that's the consensus then sure. There was a bit of discussion on that front since he's playing a robot and you don't see his face, but he is in the suit and physically on set, so I guess it makes the most sense.

Dang. I keep getting the idea that I should adapt the first book/novella/story in my Wattpad series about robots escaping a space labyrinth to my Y6 schedule, only to remember that I've already planned an original story about robots... Any rule against writing two separate films that are both about robots?