AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

They are probably just trolling you coz you stanned for Minions over IO (and Frozen).

As they should out of principle.

I loved all 3 films btw for different reasons - and i find interesting that some folks are mostly either or: a minions hater/Pixar lover or vice versa.

Not so sure if I'll like TGD as much as IO (depth) or Minions (fun) but we'll see

Not just this forum but everytime i say TGD might not get an Oscar nom ppl call me nuts:)

We haven't seen the full product yet so it's really difficult to judge. It would be great if both Pixar films got nominated but I'm not calling anything locked yet. This movie had its share of troubles. Let's just hope it's at least enjoyable.

• Like 1

"Pixar haters" I find more tolerable than "Pixar cynics", people who claim to love them but assume the worst from any new output Those cynics mainly exist with the sequels, and rightfully so considering the TS sequels are the only worthy ones we've gotten from them.
I only wish that were true. Even with their originals some people will look for any reason to sell them short. I guarantee you there's going to be a ton of people who won't be happy with Coco's marketing. I can sense the racial stereotype accusations already Edited by tribefan695

Those cynics mainly exist with the sequels, and rightfully so considering the TS sequels are the only worthy ones we've gotten from them. 

I think most people expected Pixar to be like WDAS and Ghibli, i.e. keep producing original movies for decades. So it was jarring for them when they saw the new slate.

But Pixar never claimed it was WDAS or Ghibli. They sowed the seeds of original ideas in one phase, and now are entering the harvest phase where the ideas have grown into franchises. That doesn't automatically make them Dreamworks, though yeah, the concern is reasonable considering MU and Cars 2. Hopefully Dory changes all of that. 

• Like 1

I think most people expected Pixar to be like WDAS and Ghibli, i.e. keep producing original movies for decades. So it was jarring for them when they saw the new slate.

But Pixar never claimed it was WDAS or Ghibli. They sowed the seeds of original ideas in one phase, and now are entering the harvest phase where the ideas have grown into franchises. That doesn't automatically make them Dreamworks, though yeah, the concern is reasonable considering MU and Cars 2. Hopefully Dory changes all of that. 

I do wish we were on like the 4th Incredibles by now. That is the one I always wanted a multi-movie franchise for. TS4 and Cars 3 can just go die. 

• Like 3

I do wish we were on like the 4th Incredibles by now. That is the one I always wanted a multi-movie franchise for. TS4 and Cars 3 can just go die. 

Every single syllable of this.

Though I'm slightly intrigued about TS4 focusing on Bo Pee- fuck, who am I trying to kid. Kill it with fire.

• Like 2

But Incredibles and Nemo - I definitely wanted to see more.

I would actually add Inside Out to that list too, unpopular even if that opinion may be. I think it has sequel potential, or at least more so than most Pixar movies. Puberty is a pretty risqué theme to handle for mainstream Western animation but if anyone could pull it off gracefully, while tugging at the heartstrings simultaneously, it is Docter. 

• Like 2

I actually always wanted a sequle to Monsters Inc given the ending, and then they go and make a prequel instead!  :rolleyes:  I'm still open to a sequel for it though. Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up sequels would all seem extremely unnecessary. So basically give me Incredibles sequels galore and an MI2 sometime. Otherwise I want originals. 

Doctor needs to do another film like Inside Out but this time, "What if cells and caner had feelings?"  xD

Anyways, The Good Dinosaur looks AMAZING!  Although the first trailer to me will always be the best, no one can deny how gorgeous the landscape and backgrounds look gorgeous!  Stunning!  Cannot wait for the release!