AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

It is tracking above Inside Out OW. 100M 5 day OW confirmed. 

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/pixar-outdoes-itself-good-dinosaur-outpacing-megahit-inside-out-1201617758/

If it ends up being a excellent movie with great WOM I sense a 400M DOM hit incoming. It is gonna beat Frozen. Jurassic World is creating hits almost 6 months after it opened. 

The course correction for Pixar is gonna be devastating. Cars 3, Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4. We all know ONE OF them will be crap anyway.

Yes

If this actually manages to be bigger than IO, I'm calling TDK numbers for Dory.

Not exactly the toughest call :D unless Good Dinosaur does more than TS3, I don't see it significantly increasing Dory's BO potential. Finding Dory already has a very small amount of $500 million+ potential if it becomes an acclaimed zeitgeist hit

It seems Peterson's original intention was for him to represent an early Native American, but that really smug grin he had is really off putting and probably would not have endeared itself well to the race he represents. We may never know what happened with Brave, but regardless of how this turns out I'm pretty certain Pixar made the right decision removing the original director here

Edited by tribefan695

I think with the anniversary they have the right to push how cool their movies have been, and they tie it into the theme of their new film like they did with Inside Out. Btw, if you're in SF, LA, Chicago, Dallas, Cleveland, or Orlando, four Pixar films are playing for $5 at local Cinemarks