AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

That would be true; if it wasn’t for the fact that this first time that they've gone without a film since 2005, and that was only once.  

In other words that statement of yours is not true at all.

They didn't have a film in 1996 and 1997 so that is why I said that and 2014 is 9 years after 2005 ;)

It’s merely a coincidence.

Don’t worry I’m sure there will be a Pixar film in 2023.

Good catch though.

I know-I was having fun ;)

Well I remember Cars was going to come out Christmas 2005-I have to admit that was a very smart move to move it to the Summer.

Once Again, why just not release this on Inside Outs date and move that to November?

Seems like Inside Out's actually further along.

I'm shocked by the lateness of this announcement, but given recent news it's not very surprising.

Edited by tribefan695

Disney had trouble with both Beast and Aladdin that caused delays for both of those.

Now one of the oddest was that Lilo and Stich almost came out in late 2003 but moved up to Summer 2002. (Okay that being released during Christmas would of been dumb)

5 of their movies have releases in the Holidays. Holidays is a great time to release a family film I don't get this obsession with summer

Summer weekdays=better legs and better numbers.

Edit: And Nemo was one film that shouldn't come out during the Winter.

Edited by Impact

Not always. Family films especially have great legs during the holidays

Well there films were in November-look at the legs compared to the Summer ones:

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?view=openings&id=pixar.htm&sort=perc&order=DESC&p=.htm

Now they are pretty similar-but Incredibles had worse legs then most of there Summer films. I'm referring to early November not Christmas time.

Well there films were in November-look at the legs compared to the Summer ones:http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?view=openings&id=pixar.htm&sort=perc&order=DESC&p=.htmNow they are pretty similar-but Incredibles had worse legs then most of there Summer films. I'm referring to early November not Christmas time.

Incredibles had to face within two weeks Polar Express, Spongebob, and National Treasure.

Incredibles had to face within two weeks Polar Express, Spongebob, and National Treasure.

SpongeBob was not exactly that big, PE didn't do well at first, just saying early November as opposed to mid Summer is all.

Also some films like Nemo should not be in the Winter.

5 of their movies have releases in the Holidays. Holidays is a great time to release a family film I don't get this obsession with summer

Pixar Movies have doing quite well at the box office, being released over the summer though.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1