AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

I thought Thomas Newman was doing the score? 

Anyways: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/cannes-john-lasseter-on-secrets-of-toy-story-4-the-good-dinosaur-and-disneypixar-slate-1201501427/

Talking up the visuals over the story is never a good sign.

In fact, he first teases about the story and then talks about the visuals. IMHO, nothing to fear about

I hope this isn't a The Land before time rehash with glimpses of the original Ice Age. In Pixar I trust!

Edited by stripe

Inside Out needed to sell very well the story because of its odd complexity. It's the same it happened with Monsters Inc. TGD is like Nemo. I remember that months before its release we only knew it was a journey of a father trying to rescue his son. Pixar was selling the great technical challenges of the movie (textures of the water, realism of some of the character designs...)

• Like 1

Oh, I'm sure... it's just that they still don't seem very confident in it.

It almost seems as if they're waiting to see how Jurassic World does (which is kind of ironic considering they're technically competing against it) before knowing exactly how to market this.

Edited by goldenstate5

@MOVIECLIPS: #TheGoodDinosaur Teaser has been classified w/ a runtime of 1:10. We're hoping to see it soon! Possibly w/ #InsideOut :excited:
Sweet. No doubt it's playing w Inside Out. Very curious what kind of contrast this will have. Seems Pixar is positing this as a sort of realistic/gritty counterpart to Inside Out's bright candy colors Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1