PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

Catmull - Original film every year from now on, sequel every other year

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/pixar-chief-studio-to-scale-back-sequels-aim-for-one-origina

Oh, so they listened to my latest threats. That's good.

I'm only watching ORIGINAL Pixar movies, and for any sequel they sell their souls to make, I'll make them suffer and pay the price.

I don't get why people get so upset at Pixar for making sequels when pretty much every other animation studio makes sequels and nobody has a problem with?

Why does it matter if Pixar makes a sequel? Shouldn't it only matter if the movies they make are good?

:huh:

I don't get why people get so upset at Pixar for making sequels when pretty much every other animation studio makes sequels and nobody has a problem with?Why does it matter if Pixar makes a sequel? Shouldn't it only matter if the movies they make are good? :huh:

Because they of all the studios have won some pretty rabid fans over; not counting the legacy Disney fans of course. Reason they were able to get those fans was their attention to quality, their "pickiness" with projects; their attempts to take risks and be "original" (as original as a rated PG movie will allow anyway); and their once-strong resistance to just franchising every movie they make like other studios tend to do.So really it is fine that they make sequels as long as they're good (I'm mostly over it now though it took a while). But I do think that choosing the easy and safe path with franchising hurt their rep; mostly because they were expected to be better than the other studios and not to make the same choices other studios make.
  • Like 1

Because they of all the studios have won some pretty rabid fans over; not counting the legacy Disney fans of course. Reason they were able to get those fans was their attention to quality, their "pickiness" with projects; their attempts to take risks and be "original" (as original as a rated PG movie will allow anyway); and their once-strong resistance to just franchising every movie they make like other studios tend to do.So really it is fine that they make sequels as long as they're good (I'm mostly over it now though it took a while). But I do think that choosing the easy and safe path with franchising hurt their rep; mostly because they were expected to be better than the other studios and not to make the same choices other studios make.

I get all of that, but I just think people had/have ridiculous expections for them.

Do people not remember that their 3rd movie was a sequel(& it was great). Not only that, but after The Incredibles tons of people were clamouring for a sequel to it(& they still are).

So really it is fine that they make sequels as long as they're good (I'm mostly over it now though it took a while). But I do think that choosing the easy and safe path with franchising hurt their rep; mostly because they were expected to be better than the other studios and not to make the same choices other studios make.

Do those that complain about sequels also ever complain about Toy Story 2 and 3? <_<

• Like 1

Alas, it will probably be Cars 3 with the cars going into outer space fighting aliens. ;)

Or a movie about a boat trying to win the World Water Racing League.Cleverly titled Boats.All new and original movie. Edited by utesfanami
  • Like 2