PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

Two more UNTITLED for 2020:

03/13/20 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION
06/19/20 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION

So I'm guessing then that means there are no originals besides Coco planned between Dory and I2, or else why announce two untitled films in 2020? *SIGH* I think that kind of sequel overkill is going to be terrible for their brand. You could argue doing 4 franchise films in a 5 movie span is what started DWA's downward spiral (the Shrek 4, Megamind, KFP2, Puss in Boots, Madagascar 3 stretch). 

Edited by MovieMan89

I thought IO was Pixar's redemption and the end of the rut they were in, as if it was magically going to end the sequels, but I guess things aren't as simple as all that.

IO did increase my trust in Pixar nonetheless.

Was that a response to my post? If so, you type fast!

I thought IO was Pixar's redemption and the end of the rut they were in, as if it was magically going to end the sequels, but I guess things aren't as simple as all that.

IO did increase my trust in Pixar nonetheless.

Well to be totally fair, there is a potential in Dory, TS4, and especially I2 to be great. I don't see that potential in the dreaded Cars 3, but stranger things have happened I suppose. 

• Like 1

As I said, let them get Cars 3 over with.

Unless they keep mining the same franchises over and over, they will HAVE to ramp up originals in the 2020s. And we know they have originals in development. Pete Docter is starting one.

Edited by TServo2049

As I said, let them get Cars 3 over with.

Unless they keep mining the same franchises over and over, they will HAVE to ramp up originals in the 2020s. And we know they have originals in development. Pete Docter is starting one.

I just hope they don't have long term plans for every one of their films so far to get a sequel. In that case we still have Monsters Inc 2, Ratatouille 2, Wall-E 2, Up 2, Brave 2, and Inside Out 2 to get through. 

*Yes I purposefully left A Bug's Life 2 out, it's the only sequel of theirs we're totally safe from ever happening.  :P 

It doesn't happen every year, though.

2015: 2

2016: 1

2017: 2

2018: 1

2019: 1

2020: 2

I hate that Disney (not Pixar) is putting out two new animated films to do it again in 2016. They used to do it in the 1990s, and one film ALWAYS suffered as a result.

Tarzan/Fantasia 2000, Dinosaur/Emperor's New Groove, Lilo/Treasure Planet

I hate that Disney (not Pixar) is putting out two new animated films to do it again in 2016. They used to do it in the 1990s, and one film ALWAYS suffered as a result.

Tarzan/Fantasia 2000, Dinosaur/Emperor's New Groove, Lilo/Treasure Planet

Dinosaur is live action sets, and I've personally never thought it should count in the official animated cannon. 1999 and 2002 were really the only two times it happened before it happens again next year(Tarzan/Fantasia 2000 and Lilo/Treasure Planet). Personally, I think all of those 4 are decent to good, so they pulled it off alright. Atlantis had 2001 to itself, and I think was a far worse movie than any of those 4. 

Edited by MovieMan89

I just hope they don't have long term plans for every one of their films so far to get a sequel. In that case we still have Monsters Inc 2, Ratatouille 2, Wall-E 2, Up 2, Brave 2, and Inside Out 2 to get through. 

*Yes I purposefully left A Bug's Life 2 out, it's the only sequel of theirs we're totally safe from ever happening.  :P 

Pretty sure Brave and Ratatouille have no chance of getting a sequel. Thank god for that.

Not really though. Technically both were unequivocal commercial hits. I'd say the chance is there unfortunately. Especially for Ratatouille, which was massive in western Europe. 

Yeah, but Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up don't have much merchandising. That's the primary thing that drives Disney to greenlight sequels to their animated films, so I can't see Disney greenlighting sequels unless they were really in need of some cash. Mind you, I obviously don't work at Disney, but I'm just sharing my thoughts.