cookie

The Letter Grades Strike Back aka Cookie's Corner Y5

Bambi: A Life in the Woods

or

God is Dead and the World is Nothing but a Cruel Joke

@4815162342 was right. This is not something you want to take your kids to.

But fuck those little turds, this was awesome.

The way this film conjures up the atmosphere that it does and deals with both life and death is truly something to behold. I was just engrossed from beginning to end and even when it went off the rails I was still thoroughly invested. Part of it is @Rorschach's writing so beautifully capturing the mood of the piece (seriously, that might be some of the best writing I've seen in this game - mad props to Rory) and how it surprises you at almost every turn.

The cast is numerous but they all deliver fine voice performances, and of the course the visuals are excellent. One element I was fascinated by was the depiction of man as some sort of malevolent god figure - the ending is something straight out of Friedrich Nietzsche. It rings the film's message clear - the world is a dark, cruel place and the only way for you to make it through it is to look after yourself. It's definitely cynical, but very effective.

Hats off to @Rorschach because I loved this movie.

A

Edited by cookie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cookie said:

Bambi: A Life in the Woods

or

God is Dead and the World is Nothing but a Cruel Joke

@4815162342 was right. This is not something you want to take your kids to.

But fuck those little turds, this was awesome.

The way this film conjures up the atmosphere that it does and deals with both life and death is truly something to behold. I was just engrossed from beginning to end and even when it went off the rails I was still thoroughly invested. Part of it is @Rorschach's writing so beautifully capturing the mood of the piece (seriously, that might be some of the best writing I've seen in this game - mad props to Rory) and how it surprises you at almost every turn.

The cast is numerous but they all deliver fine voice performances, and of the course the visuals are excellent. One element I was fascinated by was the depiction of man as some sort of malevolent god figure - the ending is something straight out of Friedrich Nietzsche. It rings the film's message clear - the world is a dark, cruel place and the only way for you to make it through it is to look after yourself. It's definitely cynical, but very effective.

Hats off to @Rorschach because I loved this movie.

A

But @cookie, haven't you heard?

Scooby-Doo: Apocalypse

Well... this was different.

For something this silly it actually takes itself pretty seriously and is a fairly slow burn until the third act. Not sure if that works in this case or not, probably could've needed a lot more humor to go along with it. I think it's one of those cases where it's too restrained and if a sequel gets made it should just go all out.

That said I like the character development and the idea has enough potential, so I think with time it can blossom into something much more fun.

B-

• Like 1