cookie

The Letter Grades Strike Back aka Cookie's Corner Y5

Just now, Spaghetti said:

3rd best of the requested films? I’m sure a future role in the series will call for a visit from an extra Voltron, Scavvie, or DuckTales star.

Considering you screwed me over with Spark you owe me one 😠

34 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Probably not the best time but @cookie how did Squirrel Girl fare against my other animated movies and superhero movies (same for GLC but against my other superhero films (BAG, Miraculous, Conductive)

CYI is still leagues ahead of Squirrel Girl but I think Green Lantern is the strongest superhero movie you've made so far.

10 minutes ago, cookie said:

CYI is still leagues ahead of Squirrel Girl but I think Green Lantern is the strongest superhero movie you've made so far.

Okay. Is Squirrel Girl better than the others barring CYI?

Plan is to have all the requested films read by Sunday and then the top 25 will come the weekend after that.

(I've mainly been very busy with other stuff so I haven't had the time to do much reading in general)

Edited by cookie
  • Like 4

He-Man III: The Horror of Hordak

Hey look, He-Man's actually in this for a significant chunk of the movie.

I kid.

Not sure why all the gimmicky 3D bits. It's like the movie was made in the mid to late 2000s or something. I do like Skeletor going "SURPRISE, BITCH" on Hordak near the end, even if it very much undermines Hordak as a villain.

I think if we had more character development outside of He-Man being sad because of Mekaneck's pointless sacrifice it could've been the strongest in the series - but it's sort of on par with the first movie. Definitely better than the second.

B

Splatoon

It's a Splatoon movie. It's honestly exactly what I expected it to be.

Does that make it bad? No, but it doesn't leave much room for surprises.

Spoiler

I honestly thought Telemachus was going to be in the movie more but his extended absence pretty much telegraphed to me the fact that he was going to be the twist villain.

It's pretty much an unofficial GameVerse movie and I mean that in multiple fashions - fun action and slapstick but not that much else.

B-

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Going to knock out as many as I can today so tomorrow can be all about Pillars 2 and OPM. Here's the current standing:

24 Hours

Artifacts: Zephyr's Crest

Bambi: A Life in the Woods

A Woman in the Crowd

He-Man III: The Horror of Hordak

Life of Galileo

Medusa

Olive the Other Reindeer

O, Maestro!

One Punch Man *

Perfect Match

Pillars of Eternity: Never Far From the Queen *

Psyren

Scooby-Doo: Apocalypse

Splatoon

Sylvarius

Two Lonely Bounty Hamsters

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

Splatoon

It's a Splatoon movie. It's honestly exactly what I expected it to be.

Does that make it bad? No, but it doesn't leave much room for surprises.

Hide contents

I honestly thought Telemachus was going to be in the movie more but his extended absence pretty much telegraphed to me the fact that he was going to be the twist villain.

It's pretty much an unofficial GameVerse movie and I mean that in multiple fashions - fun action and slapstick but not that much else.

B-

Spoiler

Yeah. But I and reddroast will say the sequel will be deeper, as we plan to tackle racism.