Eric the Marxist

Megalopolis l September 27, 2024 | Lionsgate | Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

6 minutes ago, Eric Ripley said:

Not even sure what the goal was here. If you wanted to look for negative review quotes, just go into the archives that these newspapers have that go back decades. It's not that hard.

Or just pull up Peter Griffin’s quote about The Godfather. 

• Haha 2

It took me less than a minute to search for The Godfather on Rotten Tomatoes and check its negative reviews:

Arthur Schlesinger Jr.Vogue

An overblown, pretentious, slow, and ultimately tedious three-hour quasi-epic.

The guy who was so lazy he didn't care to spend miserable 30-40 seconds to look it up deserves to be fired and humiliated, this is just embarrassing. I actually think it would take more time to enter Chat GPT, type search and wait for answer.

Edited by Firepower

2 hours ago, Eric Ripley said:

The first head has rolled.

Or maybe they just sent him a fish wrapped in newspaper....Old SIcilian message.

Edited by dudalb

On 8/23/2024 at 2:50 PM, Eric Ripley said:

Not even sure what the goal was here. If you wanted to look for negative review quotes, just go into the archives that these newspapers have that go back decades. It's not that hard.

My guess is actual negative reviews were too wordy/verbose to put into a trailer

53 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think this is what people meant when they said this was a return to old Hollywood 

Wow shocking from the guy who at best sounds very John Lasseterish with how he treats women and possibly worse depending on who you talk to.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think this is what people meant when they said this was a return to old Hollywood 

Buzzwords like "woke" always come out when someone is exposed for being a pos nowadays

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Veclozy said:

Buzzwords like "woke" always come out when someone is exposed for being a pos nowadays

I mean there is more shit than bed at this point

I'm not surprised he's pulling this at all considering he's said this is inspired by The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Coppola’s quote isn’t quite as bad as the headline makes it sound, but I think we should ban creatives from using words like “woke” or “canceled” at this point. 

They have been oversued to the point of being meanngless.

Is Lionsgate seriously  considering the possibility of releasing Megalopolis without a final trailer?. Because more than a week has passed since they pulled out the one with the fake quotes. I mean, replacing them with real quotes doesn´t take a week.

Very strange. 

Unless they are working on a completely new trailer, of course. But even if that´s the case, does it take a whole week?

10 hours ago, Film Score Fan said:

Is Lionsgate seriously  considering the possibility of releasing Megalopolis without a final trailer?. Because more than a week has passed since they pulled out the one with the fake quotes. I mean, replacing them with real quotes doesn´t take a week.

Very strange. 

Unless they are working on a completely new trailer, of course. But even if that´s the case, does it take a whole week?

You don;t handle a film like this the way you do most films, but yeah, they need a trailer.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Film Score Fan said:

I mean come on, even Bela Tarr films have a marketing campaign and find an audience. Everything is marketable.

Oh, I absolutely agree, but you do market a serious film like Megalopolis different then you would a CBM movie. They do need a trailer.

Who is in charge of marketing; Coppola;s company or Lionsgate.

If it is Lionsgate they are in trouble, given how crappy it;s marketing for it last few movies had been.

• Like 1