sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday estimates - Shazam $6.37M | Little $5.37M | Hellboy $4.93M | Pet Sematary $2.93M | After $2.90M | Dumbo $2.27M

I now think Shazam will gross max 130M DOM. If its dropping this big even with weak newcommers its clear that it will be dead when Endgame debutes.

I personally hope WB makes movies like Green Lantern and Flash instead of Shazam 2 because i believe those movies have much bigger box office potential. Shazam is hated in Asia and isn't doing much even in the US so i don't see the justification of moving further with a sequel. I do see potential for Shazam in the DCEU, but mostly him interracting with other superheroes where he can be the comic relief character.

Just now, LordNox said:

I now think Shazam will gross max 130M DOM. If its dropping this big even with weak newcommers its clear that it will be dead when Endgame debutes.

I personally hope WB makes movies like Green Lantern and Flash instead of Shazam 2 because i believe those movies have much bigger box office potential. Shazam is hated in Asia and isn't doing much even in the US so i don't see the justification of moving further with a sequel. I do see potential for Shazam in the DCEU, but mostly him interracting with other superheroes where he can be the comic relief character.

:hahaha:It's  a Normal drop for Superhero. 

140M+ is happening and I am excited for Shazam 2

• Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Where all this WW84 over 500m coming from all of sudden for a movie over a year away and btw this is the weekend thread, can't you guys find your own thread? 

Because CM is going to outgross WW and some people can't handle it. 

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

Where all this WW84 over 500m coming from all of sudden for a movie over a year away and btw this is the weekend thread, can't you guys find your own thread? 

Why do you CM fans hate WW? Is it because she is the first female superhero ever and did it before CM? CM wouldn't even exist without WW.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 3

1 minute ago, LordNox said:

Why do you CM fans hate WW? Is it because she is the first female superhero ever and did it before CM? CM wouldn't even exist without WW.

CM was announced in 2014 😎😎😎😎😎

Brie Larson was cast in 2015 (according to the interview she hid it for a year) 

• Like 1

Just now, Bordlove said:

I think it's still not yet late to cancel the sequel.

Why would they cancel the sequel, those who watched it on the theaters and loved it will want to see it and those who find it on streaming sites and love it will also want see it and they both will recommend it to many more people. It can only grow from here on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Why do you CM fans hate WW?

Most don’t.

4 minutes ago, LordNox said:

CM wouldn't even exist without WW.

A gross misunderstanding of production timelines.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just now, tawasal said:

Why would they cancel the sequel, those who watched it on the theaters and loved it will want to see it and those who find it on streaming sites and love it will also want see it and they both will recommend it to many more people. It can only grow from here on. 

I want Shazam 2 asap.. Wonderland is the way to go. 

5 minutes ago, LordNox said:

When the flerken' did I say I hate WW? And no CM didn't need WW to perform as well as it did, all it needed was the MCU brand as much as GOTG did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sam said:

Good lord this thread.

The Franchise Wars thread exists for a reason. Take your shit there. 

There is a reason I am never on that thread. It's just a salty troll trying to derail this thread. It has nothing to do with the actual movies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Most don’t.

A gross misunderstanding of production timelines.

Why waste a slot in the very limited DC movie slots per year for Shazam when chances are that an even mediocre Flash movie would reach 600M WW.

Shazam is dead in Asia, only popularity in the US could justify making more Shazam movies when key movie markets have rejected the movie. But it won't make more than 130M in the US, so Shazam is not popular enough in the US to make a movie that is rejected in key markets.

Just now, LordNox said:

But Green Lantern flopped and the new Flash movie is delayed.... Here's the thing add a new character in sequel and maybe change the director cause he might add something different than this one which might click with global audience then you can see increase like Antman 1 to Antman 2. But it will always be a small character just like Antman