Avatree

**SPOILER** *SPOILER* Dark Phoenix SPOILER thread ****SPOILER*****

14 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So Mystique dies right?

Yes. 

The only part of the movie I enjoyed was Magneto's scenes. Everything else was so generic and boring. We didn't even get a good quicksilver scene. 

What a waste of time and effort for all those involved. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Yes. 

The only part of the movie I enjoyed was Magneto's scenes. Everything else was so generic and boring. We didn't even get a good quicksilver scene. 

I was really disappointed that we didn't get a Quicksilver scene like the previous two films. He's barely in the film, only in the space scene right? Maybe he couldn't make the reshoots or something?

Seems strange they would deliberately miss out on fan favourite character and one of the better parts of these x-men films.

• Like 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Jean Grey 'dies'. Eric and Charles sit in a french cafe and play a game of chess - roll credits. 

And a  mere 7 years later after not aging much over the previous 30 years  Eric and Charles look like Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellan in X-Men I

15 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Yes. 

Is it true they just dropped the whole storyline about Quicksilver being his son? No mention of it?

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Not a single word spoken between them. Quicksilver barely talks or has much screen time. 

Well then I have no reason to see this. I was only hanging around for that storyline to be wrapped up in a great way, which I assumed it would be since the writers at least seemed to care about Magneto. 

6 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Is it true they just dropped the whole storyline about Quicksilver being his son? No mention of it?

is that a thing? Wasn't aware.

Quicksilver is in the opening space rescue mission, then after they land I don't *think* you see his face again at all, until the very final shot which is back at the house and camera pans past various characters.

Speaking of magneto, his camp is pretty dope. He and his gang live in shipping containers.

Edited by Avatree

11 minutes ago, Avatree said:

is that a thing? Wasn't aware.

Quicksilver is in the opening space rescue mission, then after they land I don't *think* you see his face again at all, until the very final shot which is back at the house and camera pans past various characters.

Speaking of magneto, his camp is pretty dope. He and his gang live in shipping containers.

It was a storyline in Apocalypse. You can tell these films were made by different people, just like Ragnorak and Avengers. 

Just now, Frozen said:

It was a storyline in Apocalypse. You can tell these films were made by different people, just like Ragnorak and Avengers. 

Except Kinsberg wrote Apocalypse , produced it and considering Singer;s historic disappearing acts probably directed a bit if it as well.

4 minutes ago, Frozen said:

i saw apocalypse twice and don't remember that. Huh.

Just now, John Marston said:

So looks like the future Wolverine wakes up in in DOFP doesn’t match up to what happens in these First Class movies anymore 

I don't think they care about the films matching up. Jean Grey receives her Phoenix powers in this film set in 1992, but in the last movie she already had the phoenix powers. Which was in 1983.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

i saw apocalypse twice and don't remember that. Huh.

I don't think they care about the films matching up. Jean Grey receives her Phoenix powers in this film set in 1992, but in the last movie she already had the phoenix powers. Which was in 1983.

To be fair I think the end of Apocalypse was just saying she was really strong rather than she had Phoenix powers. Doesn’t the beginning of this movie show that In the prologue she already has some

kimd of uncontrollable power ?

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Except Kinsberg wrote Apocalypse , produced it and considering Singer;s historic disappearing acts probably directed a bit if it as well.

Well that is just odd. Mystique and Charles are both saying things in the clips that contradict what they said in apocalypse about using the kids in battle.