Jump to content
Charlie Jatinder

The Admission Count - Avatar vs Avengers: Endgame

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

 

This number is definately false. All Greek sources have Titanic admissions between 1.850.000 to 2 mil. tickets before the 2012 re-release.

 

Here's a boxoffice list from July 98 which has Titanic at 868.000 adm. only in the capital city while it is still in theatres

 

And here's another newspaper article from June 99 that says it reached 2 mil. admissions in the entire country

https://www.tovima.gr/2008/11/24/archive/o-polemos-twn-astronomikwn-eispraksewn/

 

 

What I guess happened is lumiere took the capital admissions for whole country admissions. I guess lumiere is a good source for more current movies but Box office reporting before the 00s was a bit haphazard, I wonder if there's errors in others countries also.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HeadShot said:

More blockbusters equals to less impressive percentage of the total. Not hard to grasp.  End Game was released in one of the most competitive years of all time. Put it in 2013 and I'm sure it would have looked different. 

 

Your claim must be supported by data evidence. Yet, the data falsify your claim. If your claim is true, all the 90s blockbusters like JP, ID, TPM, or TLK should have easily hit double digit percentage or at least came near, but they got the same percentage like 2010s blockbusters.      

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How are the tickets sold domestically even calculated without things like 3D/IMAX,etc? Is it using some insider info, or just some weird calculations I can't comprehend lol?

Edited by infamous5445

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is the other movies,here is my count

      Avengers Infinity War

NA:67m

EU:40m

East Asia:77m

Southeast Asia:25m

South Asia:14m

Middle East:4m

LA:60m

Africa:1m

Australia+New Zeland:4m

Total:288.4m

 

Star War:The Force Awaken

NA:110m

EU:61m

East Asia:30m

southeast Asia:6m

south asia:2m

Middle East:2.5m

LA:20m

Australia+New Zeland:8m

Total:239.5m

 

The Lion King(just I guess)

NA:58m

EU:55m

East Asia:35m

Southeast Asia:10m

South Asia:12m

Middle East:4m

LA:55m

Australia+New Zeland:5m

Total:234m

 

 

 

 

Edited by Steven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Your claim must be supported by data evidence. Yet, the data falsify your claim. If your claim is true, all the 90s blockbusters like JP, ID, TPM, or TLK should have easily hit double digit percentage or at least came near, but they got the same percentage like 2010s blockbusters.      

 

Yawns, your claim isn't a fact either. Your posting percentages and acting like it means anything when there are so many other factors. It's as dumb as adjusting for inflation.  As I said End Game would have had a much bigger percentage had it been release in a less competitive year this decade. This thread is about admissions aka. which movie was more popular and seen by more people. As you can see EG is the biggest original run of all time. So let's celebrate that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Yawns, your claim isn't a fact either. Your posting percentages and acting like it means anything when there are so many other factors. It's as dumb as adjusting for inflation.  As I said End Game would have had a much bigger percentage had it been release in a less competitive year this decade. This thread is about admissions aka. which movie was more popular and seen by more people. As you can see EG is the biggest original run of all time. So let's celebrate that.  

They are both popular at their era,I think is really hard to compare them.

 

Titanic run on screen half an year at that time,EG only run in 3 month.

 

But EG have advantage,too.Compare to 1998,more and more people born in this world,the population increase,and China market larger 50 times than 1998.

 

EG 380m admission,Titanic 410m admission,the number can said they are both popular worldwide.

Edited by Steven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Steven said:

They are both popular at their era,I think is really hard to compare them.

 

Titanic run on screen half an year at that time,EG only run in 3 month.

 

But EG have advantage,too.Compare to 1998,more and more people born in this world,the population increase,and China market larger 50 times than 1998.

 

EG 380m admission,Titanic 410m admission,the number can said they are both popular worldwide.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. This is why comparing grosses is extremely difficult.  Admissions is the best way to determine how big a movie truly was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. This is why comparing grosses is extremely difficult.  Admissions is the best way to determine how big a movie truly was.

Yes,Just my opinion.

The most impressive run of all time

1.Titanic

2.EG

3,.Avatar

4.JP1

5.IW

6.JW

7.TLK

STAR WAR THE FORCE AWAKEN global total gross 2.06B,but SW:TFA only popular in NA,EU,JAPAN,so I don't think SW:TFA can call the box office blockbuster worldwide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Charlie,I know why I am wrong in Titanic india number,Titanic release in india in 3 times,1998,1999,2012,I only count 1998

First+second run(1998-1999): 19.5m admission/60crore/(olive's number)

And I found a local news at 1998,said Titanic was the first foreign film to make a splash in India.

why "first"?

so I wonder know Jurassic Park,Indenpence day performance in India,can you give me some number?

Edited by Steven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven said:

Charlie,I know why I am wrong in Titanic india number,Titanic release in india in 3 times,1998,1999,2012,I only count 1998

First+second run(1998-1999): 19.5m admission/60crore/(olive's number)

And I found a local news at 1998,said Titanic was the first foreign film to make a splash in India.

why "first"?

so I wonder know Jurassic Park,Indenpence day performance in India,can you give me some number?

Cause Romance movies were big thing in a india at that time. Highest grossing movie were Hum Apke hain kaun, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. Romantic movies were fad. Indepence Day was not big at all in India. Jurassic Park might have been successful but not that much i guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nero said:

Cause Romance movies were big thing in a india at that time. Highest grossing movie were Hum Apke hain kaun, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. Romantic movies were fad. Indepence Day was not big at all in India. Jurassic Park might have been successful but not that much i guess

so there are no Hollywood film succeed in india before Titanic??That's so crazy,what about 007?Did James Bond movie in 1960 popular in india?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.