charlie Jatinder

The Admission Count Thread.

This thread has been mostly for global admissions count but thought of counting US admits, and since we have breakdown for IMAX/3D collection for weekend, used that and ATP of IMAX and 3D basing form 2009 Avatar prices.

I know this is coming from a lot of estimates, and even some figures inputed may be wrong, so if you find anything contradictory, you are more than welcome to correct.

2D 3D    
  Normal IMAX PLF IMAX PLF Normal Admits ATP
Avengers: Endgame $237 $27 $22 $10 $13 $49 34.79 $10.28
Avengers: Infinity War $152 $23 $17 $10 $12 $43 24.88 $10.33
Star Wars: The Force Awakens $84 $30 $17 $30 $17 $69 21.58 $11.44
Star Wars: The Last Jedi $103 $25 $20 $15 $14 $44 20.00 $11.01
Jurassic World $72 $21 $16 $20 $16 $64 18.78 $11.10
Avengers: Assemble $78 $15 $7 $17 $8 $83 20.09 $10.33
Black Panther $120 $20 $14 $6 $8 $34 19.61 $10.30
Avengers: Age of Ultron $77 $18 $13 $14 $10 $59 17.93 $10.65
The Dark Knight Rises $128 $19 $14       18.19 $8.85
The Dark Knight $149 $6 $3       20.54 $7.70
Spider-man 3 $145 $4 $2       20.44 $7.39

@Barnack if any correction/addition, or you can find IMAX average ticket price over the years. That will change things a lot.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Didn't realise 3D did that well for TFA. Now donno if that was just first weekend or whole run was like that, but if it was, Endgame final admits would be a lot closer, or may be even higher than TFA considering TFA also did much better in IMAX than Endgame. 

FWIW, the normal 2D sales were almost 3x TFA for EG while 3D absolute sales were just in 60%.

9 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Which country has the most expensive ticket prices on average? It used to be Japan but given their price stagnation, some European country might have caught up to it (Germany? Switzerland? Some Nordic country?)

For Endgame, Switzerland and Saudi Arabia on low $18s, followed by HK and Denmark mid $17s. Japan just $12.5 or so. I'm not sure how ATP have changed since them but I'd assume one of those 4 still on top.

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Weird Alegion said:

For Endgame, Switzerland and Saudi Arabia on low $18s, followed by HK and Denmark mid $17s. Japan just $12.5 or so. I'm not sure how ATP have changed since them but I'd assume one of those 4 still on top.

Any data about Norway and Australia? I remember they were really expensive 

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

33,5M tickets sold in Europe

https://lumiere.obs.coe.int/movie/18675#

Excellent, many thanks. Surprisingly high numbers from Spain and Italy, and it's just me or I can't find Ukraine and Russia/Cis? 

Edit: just noticed that Portugal, Greece and all the Balkans are also missing, the real number is probably higher than 40M

Edited by MG10

22 hours ago, MG10 said:

Excellent, many thanks. Surprisingly high numbers from Spain and Italy, and it's just me or I can't find Ukraine and Russia/Cis? 

Edit: just noticed that Portugal, Greece and all the Balkans are also missing, the real number is probably higher than 40M

The first Raimi's Spider-man remains as the 2nd biggest film in admissions of SH genre in Spain (just 20k behind Superman 78). With today average ticket price and current ERs, it adjusts to $39m.

I was looking at the numbers of Titanic's admissions in the European continent (on Lumiere.int), and I must say they are truly impressive: 21.8M in France, 19M in UK, 18.8M in Germany, 11.1M in Spain, 8.8M in Italy (but someone even says 13.7M) and unfortunately no data for its initial release in Russia. For this beast not even Avatar was a serious competitor...

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MG10 said:

I was looking at the numbers of Titanic's admissions in the European continent (on Lumiere.int), and I must say they are truly impressive: 21.8M in France, 19M in UK, 18.8M in Germany, 11.1M in Germany, 8.8M in Italy (but someone even says 13.7M) and unfortunately no data for its initial release in Russia. For this beast not even Avatar was a serious competitor...

Yes 21,8M in France for a population of 59M in 1997

More than 1/3 (37%) of the total population saw Titanic in cinemas

It was really a phenomenal event here as could be DS in Japan or SW7 in UK

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LPLC said:

Yes 21,8M in France for a population of 59M in 1997

More than 1/3 (37%) of the total population saw Titanic in cinemas

It was really a phenomenal event here as could be DS in Japan or SW7 in UK

Titanic is a culture phenomenal in every single country in this world.

It's true miracle and the king of all

movie.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MG10 said:

I was looking at the numbers of Titanic's admissions in the European continent (on Lumiere.int), and I must say they are truly impressive: 21.8M in France, 19M in UK, 18.8M in Germany, 11.1M in Spain, 8.8M in Italy (but someone even says 13.7M) and unfortunately no data for its initial release in Russia. For this beast not even Avatar was a serious competitor...

That's doesn't even need to compare,Titanic is greatest hit EVER for movie industry.,It break box office record in nearly all country in this world,No movie can compare this monster,let alone Avatar

12 hours ago, MG10 said:

There are not Russian data, but here you have the ranking in admissions in many countries since Titanic was released:

https://www.insidekino.de/BO/Titanic.htm

And the same since Avatar was released (I think this one is more accurate for certain films):

https://www.insidekino.de/BO/Avatar.htm

Edited by peludo