Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Founders Day

1/20 - 7:15 PM

Trailers:

Imaginary

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Abigail

Debated putting this in here for a couple of days because my story is a little bizarre. Nobody at the theater knew what I was talking about when I first tried to buy a ticket for it. This movie was in their theater, and they didn't know it was there. They stuck it in a room with less than 60 seats. I was the only guy there. Nobody knows this movie exists. Not even Wikipedia, or the theater nearest to me that actually had the damn movie.

• Haha 2

Argylle 

2/2 2:15 PM. Dolby Atmos

7 people.

Trailers:

Bob Marley

Madame Web

The Ministry of Ungentelmanly Warfare

Ghostbusters

Dune Part 2

There were maybe 2-3 moments that got chuckles. There was one guy sitting towards the front that at a few moments would laugh hard and clap, but he calmed down during the 2nd half. Movie was terrible. Apparently there was a post credits scene, but from what I saw everybody left before it.

Regal Mystery Movie (Lisa Frankenstein)

7:00 

70% Full. 

Trailers:

Imaginary

Abigail

Madame Web

The American Society of Magical Negroes

Dune 2

A bit of chattering when it was revealed to be Lisa Frankenstein. Some laughs, but they seemed to be coming from certain people/groups rather than the theater as a whole. Didn't seem like most people were into it considering what I heard from multiple people leaving.

Bob Marley: One

2/14 4:45 PM

60% Full

Trailers:

The American Society of Magical Negroes

Challengers

The Ministry of Ungentelmanly Warfare

Ghostbusters

The Fall Guy

For some reason the theater turned the house lights completely down before the previews even started, so far all of the previews we had people walking around with flashlights trying to find their assigned seats. People laughed at a couple moments, gasped at a couple of others. Entire theater stayed to watch the archival footage during the credits.

• Heart 1

The Zone of Interest

Independent Theater

2/17 at 8:00

Trailers:

The taste of things

Amelie (rerelease)

Robot Dreams

There was another trailer but I can't remember it. Around 10 people came to the show. Powerful film, don't miss it.

Poor Things

2/18 4:15 PM

~15 people at an independent theater

Trailers:

Hundred Beavers

The Taste of Things

Dune Part Two

Robot Dreams

Amelie (rerelease)

(Likely not in correct order)

Unfortunately, there was someone behind me talking during the movie. People seemed a bit squeamish at some of the medical procedures. Special note is that the theater ran a lot of movies that day so this was the only showing that day.

Drive Away Dolls

2/23 2:35 pm

15 People

Trailers:

Problemista

Back in Black

Sasquatch Sunset (Red Band Trailer)

Challengers

Love Lies Bleeding (Red Band Trailer)

3-4 moments that got some chuckles/laughs. One couple groaned at the sex scenes. Didn't seem like anyone cared for it.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:53 PM, Chrichton77 said:

Poor Things

2/18 4:15 PM

~15 people at an independent theater

Trailers:

Hundred Beavers

The Taste of Things

Dune Part Two

Robot Dreams

Amelie (rerelease)

(Likely not in correct order)

Unfortunately, there was someone behind me talking during the movie. People seemed a bit squeamish at some of the medical procedures. Special note is that the theater ran a lot of movies that day so this was the only showing that day.

I want to thank you because I had to google what Hundred Beavers was and my god it looks amazing. I now need to find this film. 

On 2/23/2024 at 10:27 PM, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I want to thank you because I had to google what Hundred Beavers was and my god it looks amazing. I now need to find this film. 

I'm planning on seeing it tonight, if you look on https://hundredsofbeavers.com/

It shows all the dates and locations where one can find it.

• Like 1

Hundreds of Beavers

Independent Theater

2/18 7:30

Trailers:

Robot Dreams

Dune Part Two

Around 30 people showed up. Laughs throughout. Incredible film, one of the funniest I've ever seen. See it if you can.

Dune Part Two 

7 pm IMAX Advanced screening

100% full

Trailers:

The Watchers (very tense)

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

The Fall Guy (Some chatter but I'm not sure if it was even about the movie)

Furiosa (some chatter, heard someone say "Fuck yeah". It plays well on the big screen, but holy fuck I think they made such a poor decision not putting a true money shot in the trailer. Was hoping trailer 2 would be attached to this. If it doesn't come out before this movie, I think that'll be a massive misfire by WB. This trailer does not give you enough)

GxK

Lots of laughing, mostly due to Stilgar. Gasps at a decision Paul makes towards the end. A couple of claps at the end but it didn't take off. It's hard to say if people were disappointed, or if the ending is (very vague spoiler)

Spoiler

so overwhelming fucked up in so many ways that applause doesn't feel appropriate. Silence and contemplation does.

I'm leaning towards the latter

Edited by Pinacolada

Dune Part 2

1130 but it didn't start until 12 PM

• Godzilla x Kong (Which I didn't realize was so close!)
  • Ghostbusters Frozen Empire
  • The First Omen
  • Challengers
  • Horizon
  • Twisters
  •  Something I probably missed. Maybe Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Some old man the row behind me kept having occasional commentary and put his feet on the bottom row and kept shaking me so I moved a row down. There was next to no reaction to anything.

Dune Part 2

Miami, Florida

100% full

Trailers

Ghostbusters

Challengers

Furiosa

Twister

Godzilla X Kong

A Quiet Place Day One

Audience was really into the movie, people who would go to the bathroom would slow walk as to not miss a scene lol Javier Bardem got a couple laughs in the movie.

Lots of applause at the end of the movie

Dune Part 2

3/2 4:15 PM

30% Full

Trailers:

Ghostbusters

Godzilla x Kong

Twisters

Furiosa

Deadpool & Wolverine

Not much of a reaction besides a few chuckles at a moment or two. When it ended everyone just sat there for a minute in silence before leaving. Positive comments leaving the theater from everyone.

Regal Mystery Movie (Arthur The King)

3/11 7PM

80% Full

Trailers:

Kung Fu Panda 4 (This is already out?)

Twisters

Planet of the Apes

Borderlands

Unsung Hero

Some people started chuckling when it was revealed to be Arthur The King. I walked out after a couple movies. Not a movie I'm interested in seeing.

Io Capilano

Thursday 3/15 at 5 at indie theater

Trailers:

wicked Little Letters

Love lies bleeding

Problemista (?) Not sure I spelled that right.

3 people including me. No reaction movie was ok.

Edited by Chrichton77
spelling

Love Lives Bleeding

3/15 4:00 PM

5 people.

Trailers:

Tarot

Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

The First Omen

Immaculate

Monkey Man

A Quiet Place: Day One

I Saw the TV Glow

Civil War

Some old guy started snoring literally before the A24  logo even appeared on screen. This went on for a good 10 minutes before a guy a few chairs down woke him up. He left quickly after that and not sure if he came to watch the movie or was just looking to nap in the theater. Otherwise, theater was dead silent the rest of the movie.

The American Society of Magical Negros 

3/16 12:45 PM

15 People.

Trailers:

Winnie the Pooh Blood & Honey 2 (More of an short ad than a trailer)

Monkey Man

Godzilla & Kong

Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

Deadpool & Wolverine

The Bikeriders

Back in Black

Some old lady kept commenting on things out loud most of the movie. There were only 3 moments that really got any laughs from the audience. Several people getting up to use the bathroom/get concessions in the 2nd half. One person walked out in the last half hour. Movie was boring as hell and it seemed like most of the audience agreed.

• Sad 1

Regal Monday Mystery Movie (Wicked Little Letters)

3/18 7:00 PM

80% Full

Trailers:

Deadpool & Wolverine

Ghostbusters

The Fall Guy

Horizon 

When We Grown

Daddio

1 person walked out in the first 20 minutes. There were a couple of people laughing most of the movie. Once scene made the whole theater react. Seemed like a couple people were into it and others were not. I left after an hour because I was bored and didn't think it was funny.