sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

Congrats to Spidey for finally crossing a Billi, it's been a long time coming but I guess that Post-Endgame bump paid off.   Also Congrats to Will, The Cast and even Guy Ritchie for also taking "Aladdin" further than any anticipated.  This also shows how Audiences can really drive a project regardless of Haters, Internet Chatter or Critical Reviews.   To me "Aladdin" is the surprise of the Summer.  TS4 will make more than TS3 so there's the silver lining in that.  Endgame has the record so give props were props is due.....with that said I foresee James re-releasing "Avatar" one last time before "Avatar 2" drops.   Disney is having a Legendary year again after last year but to their credit they had the titles this summer that audiences really wanted to see.    QT did just fine, those numbers are in line with his career (Actually better than average).   He tapped into that Adult audience like he always does.   Should do over 100 with no problems.   As for the King of the Jungle.  I think it's doing very well.   600 could be tough with that drop but over 500 should be a lock at this point.  Lastly I think "Crawl" and "Annabelle" aren't doing too bad at all considering both budgets were really in check.  Well let's see what Rock, Jason and Idris can do this weekend.