Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Don't know if this is recent news (I think it is) but closed circuit is now being released a week earlier on the 25th October in a saturation release and they have finally taken Pudsey of the schedule (23rd October- it was never going to make that date). Now it's time for moshi monsters to go from Christmas.

why would moshi monsters move? pretty confident it won't

Christmas is pretty packed this year with Frozen, The Hobbit, American Hustle, Harry Hill Movie, Walking with Dinosaurs, Walter Mitty, Jack Ryan and 47 Ronin. I think Hobbit and Frozen will do very well, the others not sure although I think Walter Mitty may be the breakout hit and maybe American Hustle.

2013 will likely end up below 2012 admissions due to no Skyfall, and a weak July due to heatwave.

Not that surprising considering that 2012 had two £50m films in the same summer. 2013 has had solid hits like DM2, Iron Man 3 etc but nothing has cracked £50m yet. November should be interesting with The Hunger Games Catching Fire likely to double what The Hunger Games made and December may still have breakouts aside from The Hobbit and Frozen.

Not that surprising considering that 2012 had two £50m films in the same summer. 2013 has had solid hits like DM2, Iron Man 3 etc but nothing has cracked £50m yet. November should be interesting with The Hunger Games Catching Fire likely to double what The Hunger Games made and December may still have breakouts aside from The Hobbit and Frozen.

Should be an interesting November in the U.K.

Would you say summer is May to August? Because if so, there were actually more tickets sold this summer than last, 60.6m vs 58.5m

Christmas is pretty packed this year with Frozen, The Hobbit, American Hustle, Harry Hill Movie, Walking with Dinosaurs, Walter Mitty, Jack Ryan and 47 Ronin. I think Hobbit and Frozen will do very well, the others not sure although I think Walter Mitty may be the breakout hit and maybe American Hustle.

don't forget Anchorman 2 as well

Hobbit could. It'll get very close at least. CF should be very big. £40m is in play, which would be a massive jump from THG, but not sure about ,£50m+just yet.

Hopefully both can pass £50M.

Major wildcard = Gravity...

Edited by JCS

Pudsey has got a new date of 23rd May 2014Not sure if new but devils due is coming out on valentines day 2014

why would moshi monsters move? pretty confident it won't

Because their is no marketing, no awareness, nothing. It will be released in 2014 like pudsey

Pudsey has got a new date of 23rd May 2014Not sure if new but devils due is coming out on valentines day 2014Because their is no marketing, no awareness, nothing. It will be released in 2014 like pudsey

There's a big ass standee for it as you enter my local odeon. It'll be just like those turtle films probably. What the hell is it anyway?

There's a big ass standee for it as you enter my local odeon. It'll be just like those turtle films probably. What the hell is it anyway?

Its a online community website aimed at kids, doubt it'll do well against bigger films like Frozen or Walking with Dinosaurs.