Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Carrie's release date is utter stupid. I can actually see under $1m as well in dollars as in pounds. SMB doesn't seem to be going that wideDecember preview will probably be up in the next two hours (and im predicting a lot of bombs- in the meantime, what do you all think will bomb)

Edited by HairsprayFilmsCatchingFire

I probably am one of the youngest at goes on here regulary. I've always loved films and had total film and empire since I was 5. Empires new magazine was hilarious, just a couple of things is that the Lone Ranger reputation will grow massively in a good way and minions would beat SW7, TA2 and bond 24 at the box office!

I probably am one of the youngest at goes on here regulary. I've always loved films and had total film and empire since I was 5.Empires new magazine was hilarious, just a couple of things is that the Lone Ranger reputation will grow massively in a good way and minions would beat SW7, TA2 and bond 24 at the box office!

Sounds a bit like me ;)

I Sacked empire back in january as they renewed my subscription after I informed them I wanted to cancel it, and they were a pain to get my money back from. Haven't read a single issue since. Haven't missed much I don't think.

• Like 1

BBC revealed their Christmas tv film premiere line up today. What do you guys think of it? Here's my opinionCars 2/kung fu panda 2- both quite good animations that I have seen a couple of times but will VEYR unlikely be watching either over ChristmasMegamind- seen this a lot of times so not watching againGNOMEO and Juliet- I love this film and will watch if it has a good time slotPOTC4/Little Fockers- not seen either so will watch bothTOY STORY 3- MY FAVOURITE EVER MOVIE SO I WILL DEFINETLY BE WATCHINGfor itv i think they'll put the remaining harry potters and what else do you think?

It's not the films,it's the shrinking time frame. Having a film on Sky a year to the day almost was a big deal until recently, and then along came Alice in Wonderland popping on in 9 months. Iron Man is 8 months to the day. The window between Cinematic release, Blu-Ray release and Sky Launch is getting frighteningly small. There's pretty much one major film from last year yet to run on Sky, and it's been so long now that I'm doubting it ever will (The Hunger Games, though with Saw VII never coming on there either I'm doubting Sky and Lionsgate are very good friends)

It's not the films,it's the shrinking time frame. Having a film on Sky a year to the day almost was a big deal until recently, and then along came Alice in Wonderland popping on in 9 months. Iron Man is 8 months to the day. The window between Cinematic release, Blu-Ray release and Sky Launch is getting frighteningly small. There's pretty much one major film from last year yet to run on Sky, and it's been so long now that I'm doubting it ever will (The Hunger Games, though with Saw VII never coming on there either I'm doubting Sky and Lionsgate are very good friends)

think Netflix have some sort of deal with lionsgate - their films are always on there pretty quick

Netflix also has a deal with MGM and films like The Hobbit goes there rather than Sky. £2m sounds about right for Saving Mr Banks. It'll be more of a film that appeal to older audiences so it'll probably sell better during the weekday than Friday or Saturday night.