Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

TF4 doesn't open this weekend officially in the UK, right? Just next weekend. They probably won't even report numbers. 

They will probably make mention of it but yes it will be rolled into the following weekends weekend/week result

• Like 3

so what i alluded to earlier about previews is basically that a lot of time it is to do with not opening officially before the US because if the distributor does have an official friday opening which is before the US then they have to pay a fortune in extra print security fees (basically making sure the hard drives are kept under lock and key every step of the way from distributor to exhibitor).

if they call it previews (even if it is 6 days worth as we have seen!) then they don't have to pay this, but still have the kudos of it being 'UK First'.

so it is all to do with money really.

so what i alluded to earlier about previews is basically that a lot of time it is to do with not opening officially before the US because if the distributor does have an official friday opening which is before the US then they have to pay a fortune in extra print security fees (basically making sure the hard drives are kept under lock and key every step of the way from distributor to exhibitor).if they call it previews (even if it is 6 days worth as we have seen!) then they don't have to pay this, but still have the kudos of it being 'UK First'.so it is all to do with money really.

Make sense for Bad Neighbours but not Transformers which opened a week later than the US. Same with Animated films that have weekend previews. TBH I think the reporting needs to be changed, previews should be separate from the weekend takings so a film cannot claim its number 1 from having loads of previews compared to a film that opted for the Friday opening.

if AOE sat/sun was part of offical weekend/week report it would of cause be #1 wekeend should be somewhere around lc4.5m(playing over 500 thrs),

for films in offical release HTTYD2 will win weekend even without last weeks "previews" added. MBB #2 be off around 50%, FIOS #3

and yes it is stupid that previews added into OP wkend , even more so these days when there's more days of it.

even if UK did report previews seperately like most countries, The international reports would still add it to OP weekend.

Always like the reports well X movie is the biggest OW ever in the UK...but if you didn't include the previews of anything it would be #5 or something like that

Edited by Rth
  • Like 5

if AOE sat/sun was part of offical weekend/week report it would of cause be #1 wekeend should be somewhere around lc4.5m(playing over 500 thrs),

for films in offical release HTTYD2 will win weekend even without last weeks "previews" added. MBB #2 be off around 50%, FIOS #3

and yes it is stupid that previews added into OP wkend , even more so these days when there's more days of it.

even if UK did report previews seperately like most countries, The international reports would still add it to OP weekend.

Always like the reports well X movie is the biggest OW ever in the UK...but if you didn't include the previews of anything it would be #5 or something like that

I've never heard of 9 days opening weekend before. That's CHEATING. :mellow:

But hey, considering it's a TF's movie we're talking about, cheating is pretty much what it does. :lol:

So basically, AOE's 9 day opening is gonna blow past £10m.

Nothing extraordinary....

HTTYD2 officlal release is next weekend...

MBB- £2.3M/£9.6MSaw waking on sunshine today. First time I have been to the cinema for a few weeks and loved the film, but I saw so many trailers (I think 9 which were full trailers of Pudsey:the movie, if I stay with CGM pre-recorded introduction, begin again and short trailers of DOTPOTA, Sex tape without the parts that would make it a 15 trailer, what if, step up: all in, the inbetweeners movie 2 teaser trailer and earth to echo)

Edited by The Fault In Our Stars