Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Really? In Portugal the biggest theaters chains have discounts all week. Zon has a special card for his clients, that allows people to buy 2 tickets for the price of 1, and in Castello Lopes every adult ticket is a voucher, which means that if you use it in the next time you go to theaters you only pay 1 ticket if you buy 2.Monday is the day were tickets are sold 1€ cheaper than the rest of the week, for the people who don't have the Zon card or don't have the Castello Lopes Voucher.

Edited by CJohn

Is the Pirates! performance any good?Aardman being a British studio, should do well in Britain, no? Doesn't seem like it.How did Arthur Christmas do last year?

The Pirates! is performing very well. The easter holidays gave it a big boost. Not as big as AC, which made something in the low £20m's, but this should reach £15m.

They are launching The Pirates in a massive number of theaters over here. Probably because April 25 (release date) and May 1 are holidays over here.

Edited by CJohn

The Hunger Games is showing no signs of stopping. I just checked sales around my area and it looks on par, or even busier than last weekend. That's probably because everyone was back and school and work this week, but still. I think it's going to have another very strong hold. One final push before The Avengers.

The Hunger Games is showing no signs of stopping. I just checked sales around my area and it looks on par, or even busier than last weekend. That's probably because everyone was back and school and work this week, but still. I think it's going to have another very strong hold. One final push before The Avengers.

Its the same here in Denmark i think..Sales are still good

Very, very strong. I've said it before, but this is BY FAR the most pre-sales I've seen since DH2, at least, around my area. The number of showings is going to be absolutely huge. I'm thinking it could go over £12m now.

It's going to be demolished.The Avengers is really picking up steam now. Pre-sales are incredibly strong. I want to stay conservative and say £10-12m, but something's telling me it could get near the mid teens £'s. I'd rather not be disappointed though.

Very, very strong. I've said it before, but this is BY FAR the most pre-sales I've seen since DH2, at least, around my area. The number of showings is going to be absolutely huge. I'm thinking it could go over £12m now.

Very happy to hear that

It's going to be demolished.

The Avengers is really picking up steam now. Pre-sales are incredibly strong. I want to stay conservative and say £10-12m, but something's telling me it could get near the mid teens £'s. I'd rather not be disappointed though.

I know the feeling ;)