Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

TDK made £11.2m in 3 days, which is also what The Avenger's is at now, in 3 dayS. That puts it at around $18.2m, meaning an opening in the mid $20s'm is likely.This is stunning. I'm not quite about TA beating TDK yet, but it should get to at least £40m, which is $65m.

Edited by Heretic

TDK made £11.2m in 3 days, which is also what The Avenger's is at now, in 3 dayS. That puts it at around $18.2m, meaning an opening in the mid $20s'm is likely.This is stunning. I'm not quite about TA beating TDK yet, but it should get to at least £40m, which is $65m.

with a 22-23% drop on sunday it should end up doing 25 mill total

It's impressive :)
  • Like 1

It's times like these that are the best...when even your optimistic projections are under-predicted. :D

I agree... Right now.. This moment..Its what we still be talking about in years to come...

So, its Saturday nearly beat both the OD and Friday. That's just fucking insane.

We can see clearly this is playing extremely well to kids and families too.

That just so good news...

So, its Saturday nearly beat both the OD and Friday. That's just fucking insane.We can see clearly this is playing extremely well to kids and families too.

TA is more than a SH movie, it target more people, it's pretty unexpected, but I guess the good reviews and word of mouth help it to go beyond its traditional audience :)

There's a massive storm affecting much of the UK today. Usually rain is good for cinema-going but this is different. It's bringing VERY strong winds and flooding rain, which may make people hesitant to go out. I hope it doesn't affect the drop today.

There's a massive storm affecting much of the UK today. Usually rain is good for cinema-going but this is different. It's bringing VERY strong winds and flooding rain, which may make people hesitant to go out. I hope it doesn't affect the drop today.

:angry:

I looked at sales around my area. Morning shows aren't as busy as yesterday, but afternoon pre-sales are very good, and I imagine walk-ups will be big like they were yesterday, so afternoon business should be strong. Night business will obviously be down from yesterday as it's a Sunday night. Next weekend is going to be very interesting. It's a bank holiday with Monday a holiday, so it could drop under 50% if we were to include it as a 4 day weekend. I'd say max would be a 25% drop to $6.6m for around $24.8m.Min around a 40% drop for $5.2m, which is still an incredible $23.5m.

Most people in the UK would have been expecting to see John Steed and Emma Peel. They would have left the theatre within 30 minutes after realising it was about a bunch of weirdos in tight spandex.