Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The Dictator has 44 showings at my cinema this weekend! It's orange Wednesday, so cinemas are going to be absolutely rammed this evening. The Dictator is already doing quite well this afternoon, and tonight, I expect it to be pretty packed. The Avengers has already sold over 50% of tickets for its IMAX showing tonight. Will likely sell-out.

Wow, beats the 14 at my local. Should do very well tonight though, my screening that just finished had about 40 people in, so I can see the two evening shows selling out for definite. I loved it too, really funny, it's just a shame Baron Cohen copped out at the end.

The Dictator has 44 showings at my cinema this weekend! It's orange Wednesday, so cinemas are going to be absolutely rammed this evening. The Dictator is already doing quite well this afternoon, and tonight, I expect it to be pretty packed. The Avengers has already sold over 50% of tickets for its IMAX showing tonight. Will likely sell-out.

Wait... 44 per day or 44 from Wed-Sun?!

Ok. I was about to freak out then.Didnt POTC4 have something like 65 shows in one day somewhere?

65 in one day? I highly doubt that. I mean, how many screens would you need for that?DH2 had SO many though. It was an insane, insane, insane weekend. At my cinema, there was like 5 midnight shows, which is unprecedented for the UK. Then during the day, there were shows from 8:30 in the morning, every 20 minutes until like 1am. Edited by Heretic

65 in one day? I highly doubt that. I mean, how many screens would you need for that?DH2 had SO many though. It was an insane, insane, insane weekend. At my cinema, there was like 5 midnight shows, which is unprecedented for the UK. Then during the day, there were shows from 8:30 in the morning, every 20 minutes until like 1am.

I'm almost certain it was around 65.There were sessions about every 5-10mins for the entire OD.RTH might know.........

I'm almost certain it was around 65.There were sessions about every 5-10mins for the entire OD.RTH might know.........

In the UK?I don't know. Maybe at the the busiest ODEON cinema, Trafford Centre. It always has loads of showtimes for films, even the less popular ones.http://www.odeon.co....film_times/s20/ Edited by Heretic

It was definitely that website, as the layout of the session times is the same.And yes, definitely UK.

Ah. I remember the showtimes for DH2 at the Trafford Centre. There were like 4 or 5 lines. Edited by Heretic

Wow, The Avenger's is doing VERY well around my area this afternoon. It looks on par with last weekend. I expect a small drop.I think £3m could happen, which is a sub 30% drop, but due to the sucky exchange rate, that would only be around $4.7m. Hoping for $72m-ish total by Sunday.The Dictator looked really busy last night, but day business is weak compared to The Avengers. That's expected though. It's definitely a night movie. $7-$8m seems to a reasonable expectation.

Will Smith is extremely popular here.MIB2 opened to £6.2m 3 day and did over £20m back in 2002.With inflation and 3D, that would probably equate to around £10m. But it won't get that high.£5-6m seems like a good target.