Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The Dictator will be number 1 due to the Wednesday opening although it wouldn't surprise me if Avengers wins Friday-Sunday.MIB3 should do very well, it's been promoted like crazy, whether it's any good or not remains to be seen.

The Dictator will be number 1 due to the Wednesday opening although it wouldn't surprise me if Avengers wins Friday-Sunday.MIB3 should do very well, it's been promoted like crazy, whether it's any good or not remains to be seen.

You'll be total correct re: Dictator & TA, on Friday while Dictator was #1, Sat TA claims

$72.3m for The Avengers. That's fantastic, considering the exchange rate plummeted.Around £45.7m. Made over £5m in the last week! £50m is locked. Outside chance of £55m happening, which is $87m. For now though, I'll say $83-85m total. Incredible.

$72.3m for The Avengers. That's fantastic, considering the exchange rate plummeted.Around £45.7m. Made over £5m in the last week! £50m is locked. Outside chance of £55m happening, which is $87m.For now though, I'll say $83-85m total. Incredible.

Much better than we originally hoped for :stretcher:

Paramount’s comedy prevents The Avengers from going four straight weeks at the top; Momentum’s The Raid opens in fifth.

Sacha Baron Cohen’s latest creation The Dictator reigned supreme on its debut at the UK box office, usurping Marvel/Disney’s superhero epic The Avengers at the top of the chart.

Paramount’s comedy opened strongly on an estimated $7.8m (£4.97m) from its 511 sites, including two days of previews. Its debut is on par with Cohen’s previous filmBrüno, which opened with $8.1m (£5m), but is down, however, on Borat which made $10.1m (£6.2m) on its UK bow.

While it failed to make it four weeks at the UK’s summit, Marvel/Disney’s behemoth The Avengers - Marvel Avengers Assemble in the UK - still continued its relentless box office charge, fighting its way to an additional $4.4m (£2.8m) for a stunning $71.1m (£45.0m) to date.

A highly respectable holdover with just a 35% drop saw Warner Bros.’ Dark Shadows add a further $2.5m (£1.6m) to cross the £5m mark and stay third.

The eighth collaboration between Tim Burton and Johnny Depp stands at $8.4m (£5.2m) after ten days in play, overtaking Edward Scissorhands’ $7.2m (£4.5m) tally andCorpse Bride’s $7.9m (£5.0m) overall gross. It still has some way to go to become the fourth most fruitful Burton/Depp outing though, currently the $15.9m (£10.0m) haul of Sleepy Hollow in 2000.

Despite comic competition arriving in the form of The Dictator, Universal’s American Pie: Reunion still laughed its way to $2.2m (£1.4m) in fourth. It has now amassed $23.6m (£14.9m) after three weeks in play, overtaking the original American Pie’s $22.6m (£14m) tally in the process.

Another new entry rounded off the top five with Momentum’s The Raid taking approximately $690,000 (£438,000) from its 296 screens. The debut of Gareth Evans’ critically acclaimed Indonesian action thriller is the best for a foreign language film in the UK this year.

This week sees saturation releases for Sony’s threequelMen In Black 3 and Lionsgate’s comedy What To Expect When You’re Expecting. Universal’s Cannes openerMoonrise Kingdom receives a wide release.

Great opening for The Dictator.

The Avengers only dropped around 33% from last weekend. That damn exchange rate though. It should be at around $75m by Sunday on it's way to $80m.

Good drop for DS, but lackluster total.

MIB3 should be able to do £5m, which is $8m in it's opening.

One thing to bear in mind though, we're currently entering the first warm spell of the year so everyone's going to be taking advantage...BO could be effected.

£5m is on par with Bruno and Borat, DS had a decent drop, it's clearly being better received compared to the US while American Pie was hit by Dictator but its total is very pleasing.If you take out previews, I wonder how close it was between The Dictator and The Avengers at the weekend,

1 The Dictator £4,963,745 £4,963,7452 Marvel Avengers Assemble £2,814,216 £44,983,7023 Dark Shadows £1,638,651 £5,261,3944 American Pie: Reunion £1,372,896 £14,856,0075 The Raid £417,596 £417,5966 Beauty And The Beast 3D) £395,660 £2,349,3377 The Lucky One £252,447 £2,792,5218 Salmon Fishing in the Yemen £167,171 £5,673,2729 The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists £132,235 £15,928,71910 Safe £121,399 £1,817,388

I'd love to find out how big Piranha's drop was. Good on The Dictator, I'd love to find out how close the race was for No. 1 in the end. Pie's total here is brilliant, I really don't understand why it didn't connect in the US. Maybe the originals just have a more hallowed opinion in this country.

• Like 1

So the weather outside is beautiful. 26 degrees here today, and it's staying like that all week it seems. After the freezing spring we had, I don't imagine people will be wanting to go inside to watch a film...

Yep.

I want to cry. I'm stuck inside revising. AHHHH!

Trust me, with our final exams here, we're just starting out Spring in September - after horribly cold Winters, all we want to do is go outside, but no, we had to study -_- - So i know what youre going through

If this weather keeps up at the weekend, knock up to £1.5m off Men in Black's weekend gross.

You really think the weather will play that big a role in its OW?

What are you predicting its OW will be if 1.5m could easily be taken off because of something like the weather?

At least in Australia your summers are fairly reliable. :lol:Here, we could get a wash-out summer, or a hot one, so really, you have to make the most of the warm weather because it doesn't always stick around. I just hope it's still here by next Tuesday when my exams are over.