Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Madagascar is really popular here too.Number 2 opened to £6.3m in 3 days, without 3D, and ended with over £23m.Madagascar 3 opens on top of half term, so that should give it a nice boost. £20m should happen again I think.I'm excited to see what The Hobbit can do. I think it could get no.2 of all time, in pounds.

I'm unsure about The Hobbit, I expect a big OW over £15-16m and strong legs but its now a trilogy so I expect the final Hobbit film to do the best business. I think the next big openers will be Skyfall which I expect will match or even beat QoS OW.

I'm not expecting anything less than £65m from The Hobbit. In order to get into second place it needs £73.5m+. Obviously not easy in the slightest, but it's doable.Skyfall could have the biggest opening of the year. QoS opened to £15.5m, so all it needs is a £0.3m increase on that and it'll beat The Avengers, although, that was 4 day.

Madagascar is really popular here too.Number 2 opened to £6.3m in 3 days, without 3D, and ended with over £23m.Madagascar 3 opens on top of half term, so that should give it a nice boost. £20m should happen again I think.I'm excited to see what The Hobbit can do. I think it could get no.2 of all time, in pounds.

What movie could approach Avatar for number 1 of all-time?Finally, some good news for Brave OS. :) :) :)

What movie could approach Avatar for number 1 of all-time?

Finally, some good news for Brave OS. :) :) :)

Hmm, I really don't know about that.

Perhaps the last Hobbit movie has the best chance right now, but even that would be incredibly tough, and unlikely. £93.4m is £20m more than the 2nd highest grossing film ever.

Too early to think about Skyfall/Hobbit/Madagascar 3 OWs! :PAs this is such a great year of UK BO, 15+ films should break the £20M mark in 2012 which would be amazing!Anyone know what year had the most £20M+ films for comparison?

Perhaps the last Hobbit movie has the best chance right now, but even that would be incredibly tough, and unlikely. £93.4m is £20m more than the 2nd highest grossing film ever.

With the 3D re-release Titanic is 2nd place now with £79M so less than £20M to reach Avatar's £93M. But Titanic did have a re-release which is 'cheating' but Avatar had a summer re-release too so both top 2 films 'cheated'.

With the 3D re-release Titanic is 2nd place now with £79M so less than £20M to reach Avatar's £93M. But Titanic did have a re-release which is 'cheating' but Avatar had a summer re-release too so both top 2 films 'cheated'.

I don't really count Titanic's re-release, because it made like £10m more.When was Avatar's re-release? It made over £91.5m up until the beginning of April, so it can't have been at all significant.

refering to the Avatar :Special Edition it added about 8 minutes footage, exclusive in 3d & Imax 3D 27-aug-10 Avatar was still running in well some theatres and then on that date in the UK it went back into 343 theatres and in the 1st week SE ranked #8, it was upto about lc 92.2m prior to the SE coming out, in NA SE added 10.7m to the domestic total

BFI Imax London with a few weeks here and there that it wasn't on plus the SE it did 62 weeks

What do you see Avatar 2 making? Can it push the all-time barrier to 100M pounds?

Avatar was just a phenomenon.What do you see Avatar 2 making? Can it push the all-time barrier to 100M pounds?

I don't know much about the UK Box Office, but I highly doubt that. You said yourself, Avatar was a phenomenon, and it's unlikely to be repeated by the sequel. It should see pretty substantial decreases, like maybe around the 70-80m pound mark. I'd say the same thing for Australia too.

I don't know much about the UK Box Office, but I highly doubt that. You said yourself, Avatar was a phenomenon, and it's unlikely to be repeated by the sequel. It should see pretty substantial decreases, like maybe around the 70-80m pound mark. I'd say the same thing for Australia too.

When you factor in 5 maybe 6 years of inflation, drop in admissions will be substantial then.

Avatar 2 will have much bigger numbers in Asia and Latin America, that would offset decreases in Europe.