Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

42 minutes ago, Simplyobsessed said:

Only looking at my local cinema's listings but nowhere near as busy as last year's NCD. Nothing is sold out whereas last year almost everything was. Only Oppenheimer is coming close for tonight.

Personally, I actively avoid going to the cinema on NCD, based on my experience last year you just end up surrounded by the worst audiences possible who are only there because it’s cheap and aren’t really interested in the film. I imagine I’m not alone in feeling this way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simplyobsessed said:

Only looking at my local cinema's listings but nowhere near as busy as last year's NCD. Nothing is sold out whereas last year almost everything was. Only Oppenheimer is coming close for tonight.

Most of the showings at mine are sold out. Oppenheimer and Barbie doing the best for the evening shows (Oppie sold it's one afternoon IMAX and the evening shows), but overall it seems pretty booked up...

Just got here for my Threequalizer screening. It's absolutely rammed. Huge crowds at bus stops outside as well, with people leaving, and the car park is impossible to even get into (I ended up parking on a side road). Think everything is pretty much sold out for the evening, though I didn't check earlier in the day to see how it went throughout... Concession wise they absolutely made a killing today.

6 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Personally, I actively avoid going to the cinema on NCD, based on my experience last year you just end up surrounded by the worst audiences possible who are only there because it’s cheap and aren’t really interested in the film. I imagine I’m not alone in feeling this way.

I avoided it as well, I know it's a bit rude to say this but I don't want to hanging out with riff raff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Barbie, TMNT and Elemental look to be the big winners with increases on last Saturday in spite of the cheap tickets. All the family stuff has done well.

Oppenheimer seems like the biggest drop (although it should still only be a modest drop on last Saturday).

Makes sense with Oppy, it didn’t really receive much of a bump domestically last weekend either. 

When you’re already filling premium formats and playing well in a single standard screen throughout the day the price slash doesn’t produce a net gain. Also Equalizer has significant demo overlap and it’s brand new so makes for people to flock to that instead. 

19 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Barbie, TMNT and Elemental look to be the big winners with increases on last Saturday in spite of the cheap tickets. All the family stuff has done well.

Oppenheimer seems like the biggest drop (although it should still only be a modest drop on last Saturday).

It didn’t look as busy as this time last year at my local, only seen online though. 

15 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I avoided it as well, I know it's a bit rude to say this but I don't want to hanging out with riff raff. 

Same 😂😂

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think having a decent selection of films helped. 

Ya, can't argue with that. Ton of stuff for kids (good stuff at that), so families seem to have really taken advantage of it, as well as good to great adult fare. I think overall people will have been satisfied with their cinema experience yesterday.

Weekend

1. Equalizer £1.96m (£2.78m with previews)

2. Barbie £1.64m (£92.58m)

3. Oppenheimer £959k (£55.41m)

4. TMNT £618k (£9.14m)

5. Sound Of Freedom £589k (£759k with previews)

6. Elemental £559k (£17.93m)

7. Meg £534k (£12.47m)

8. Blue Beetle £495k (£3.99m)

9. Haunted Mansion £394k (£3.97m)

10. Cobweb £302k (£325k with previews)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Weekend

1. Equalizer £1.96m (£2.78m with previews)

2. Barbie £1.64m (£92.58m)

3. Oppenheimer £959k (£55.41m)

4. TMNT £618k (£9.14m)

5. Sound Of Freedom £589k (£759k with previews)

6. Elemental £559k (£17.93m)

7. Meg £534k (£12.47m)

8. Blue Beetle £495k (£3.99m)

9. Haunted Mansion £394k (£3.97m)

10. Cobweb £302k (£325k with previews)

SOF was safe to say not a hit in the UK.