Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Les Mis has nearly sold out Leicester Square's 1,700 seater for its Friday evening show already. That's quite an impressive feat a week out. Come Friday, Saturday's shows will probably be nearly full up too. Not many films manage to sell out that auditorium. Last movie to do it was Skyfall.Also, The Hobbit is definitely a Saturday movie. Looks really busy this afternoon.

Edited by Heretic

Heretic, where do you see LOP finishing? I think 25M Pounds are looking good with an outside shot at 30M.

I see it hitting £25m, but I'm not sure how much higher because January is looking to be a VERY full month.£30m is unlikely unless it starts dropping <20% every weekend. I think a £26-27m finish, which is $41-43m. Double what was expected. Edited by Heretic

I see it hitting £25m, but I'm not sure how much higher because January is looking to be a VERY full month.£30m is unlikely unless it starts dropping <20% every weekend. I think a £26-27m finish, which is $41-43m. Double what was expected.

Awesome result. It's looking at 350-375M finish OS. Nobody saw that coming.

Is the week-to-week drop gonna be better on Sat than yesterday?

Sat drops across board were huge and also this weekend most films wont be doown much at TH1 should be under 40%Few titles and chg L sat, Chg prev dayTH1 -27%,+25%LOP -7%, +26%JR -11%,+27%PP -23%,+8%Sky -27%, +26%
  • Like 2

Pi with £1.34M Saturday, should get to £18M by end of weekend!

Latest from Life Of Pi's extraordinary UK run: another £1.34m yesterday, for cume of £16.9m after 17 days (or 16: cinemas shut xmas day)

You mean whether they'll claim 1 or 2 instead of technically 3rd Jonwo?

Yeah, that was I mean but TBH the number 1 is really for bragging rights so they advertise it as the UK's number 1 film. I remember Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was number 1 because it opened on a Wednesday but was number 5 Friday-Sunday and the weekend was won by MIB3. Edited by Jonwo