Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I'm really looking to forward to Les Miserables and think it'll do very well. War Horse did £18-19m so Les Mis will do nearer £30-35m but it depends on WOM. I wonder if Django, Lincoln or Zero Dark Thirty will break out in the way that Black Swan did two years back even against the juggernaut that was The King's Speech.I did think The Artist would have done a lot better had it had a better release rollout, the current distributor of the Weinstein Company films, Entertainment are not very good at handling their films. TWC should really choose someone like EOne, Momentum or Lionsgate to release their films in the UK.

Edited by Jonwo

That's excellent! The Hobbit should hit £45m by Sunday. TDKR is still within range. Pi should hit £18m. Looks like it could be heading for £25m, which is absolutely fantastic.Nice for The Impossible considering it's not even that wide of a release yet.

Indeed. GS will do decent business, Les Mis will be huge. Django will break out. Then Lincoln and ZDT will have a nice, leggy run and half term will bring Wreck-It Ralph. The only film I'm unsure is Flight, I hope it does well. Having it at £7m at the moment.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

Wreck it Ralph should do decent business, I'm thinking £15-16m total at the moment which is lower than Tangled but on par with The Muppets which did very well last year. The other big half term film is A Good Day to Die Hard which should do good business.

Oz could be interesting. Looks like a similar sort of film to Alice In Wonderland, which made a massive £42m in the same period in 2010. Obviously it's without Depp, but the cast still looks pretty great and I've already seen it marketed on TV. A few weeks after release it also has Easter holidays, which may give it a boost depending on whether it's good or not, but It's definitely another potential £20m+ grosser.

That's excellent! The Hobbit should hit £45m by Sunday. TDKR is still within range. Pi should hit £18m. Looks like it could be heading for £25m, which is absolutely fantastic.Nice for The Impossible considering it's not even that wide of a release yet.

Strong for Hobbit and LOP. You've upped your number to 25M Pounds. :D I've similar feeling to China, where each passing day the projection went up and up. It started at 15M and went all the way to 91M.

£45m!?!?!? No way.

I think £30m is possible but not £45m is very unlikely.

Pi could get close if it follows King's Speech legs with awards buzz too.

The King's Speech, which went on to achieve an amazing £45.7m, stood at £10.8m after two weekends of play, almost identical to the Pi result

Guys, serious underestimation going on here about Les Mis. It will hit £40m...

We will see... Edited by JCS
  • Like 1