Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

IMDB still says May 17......

The STID website says 10th but I reckon it'll be the 9th. Its not unusual as the first film came a day early from US release. I wouldn't be surprised if Fast Six moves forward a week as the 17th only has The Great Gatsby, The Hangover and Epic will likely stay put although Hangover could easily debut Wednesday or Thursday,

That's why I asked. I feel as if there is rarely a Friday release.

It's quite funny the way it's all changed here, and a lot of it can be attributed to a single offer that has become a crutch to the cinema industry in a way they couldn't have imagined when it launched over a decade ago: Orange Wednesdays 241's for anyone not from the UK. That offer makes Wednesday into essentially another weekend day attendance wise, and for non ticket revenue for cinemas its a god send. Distributors must love it too as many of them release younger skewing titles such as Hansel and Gretel, The Inbetweeners and many other films on wednesdays now to take advantage of this.
  • Like 1

Orange/EE Wednesday is popular but Tuesday are also popular as its lower priced tickets in some cinemas. I think Thursday is a popular release day for big films rather than Friday but even films like Bond etc opt for just a three day release.

Edited by Jonwo